Web Client 10 Record Limit in HTML FDA Properties

cdawes

VIP Member
I've been asked this a million times and I in turn ask the same a million times but how many people have issues with the web client only retrieving 10 records at a time?

I know that the FAT client blindly fetching every record in a table is aweful for performance but on the web fetching only 10 records at a time is great for performance but bad for users. They just can't seem to understand that there's this thing called the QBE to limit there results.

The solution from Denver is to edit each form to increase the number of records that will come in. With 100's of forms this is not a viable solution. At one point in time (< SP20) there was a global setting in the ini file but that seems to have disappeared.

Does anyone else have any issues or solutions for/with this?

Thanks,

Colin
]

The only solution that you have is to edit each form and say how many records you would like to retreive. There is no other way you can set this for a web client. And QBE doesn't work with the webclient for now. It will work with the new versions, that is the feature in the upcoming release.

This issue has kept us from implenting the web client to anyone who uses datasets of any size. However, emails with the PeopleSoft staffer who conducted the webinar and Connect sessions on the 8.94 toolset(expected release Q4, 2004)indicated there is new functionality in that toolset that relieves the 10 record restriction and uses the Cntrl-End functionality with a cancel option much as the fat client does.

Back