upgrade 8.9 to psft 810

jjcnc

Hello all

I am trying this upgrade and have few specific questions

1) Could some one give me some of the gotcha in this upgrade so that I can be careful.
2) Lookign at the database created, it seems like the database name are different and there for it will not be an inplace upgrade , So I need more space on the database to create new databases. and then durign the table conversion data will be moved from one database to another. How does the Database connection works as Business data - Prod for b9 goes to JDE_prod where as Business data -Prod for PSFT810 goes to PSFT_prod. Since the data source is same how does system knows the difference. In past they business data upgrae used to be in place upgrade so it didn't matter.
3) We are running win2003 and in past due to variosu reason we converted our oledb connection to ODBC for all central objects and one business data data source. Does PSFT recomends to go to ODBC in 810 or stil remain in OLEDB

Any help will be highly appreciated.

One more thing I need to use the nsap shot utility on deployment server in case i need to come back to 8.9 for package build or any other reason.
Which version of snap shot should I be using.. Since only 8.9 is available can I use 8.9's snap shot do the installation of 8.10 and then switch between these tow vversion.. using 8.9's snapshot utitlity. will this work
Please advice

1. Copy the whole database JDE_PRODUCTION to PS_PROD. I just restore JDE_PRODUCTION to PS_PROD using backup exec.
2. Change the data source Business Data - Prod setting from JDE_PRODUCTION to PS_PROD in your custom installation Plan.
3. Run Insallation workbench, Table conversion should be in place conversion in PS_PROD. I set only one process for table conversion because the log file will growth as big as your table size (In our case 10 GB for F42119).

Back