Moving Deployment/Enterprise Platforms

nari

Hi Group
We are going to re-install XE on a brand new deployment server and a brand new enterprise server. The enterprise server is going from NT to AS400 platform.
What is the safest and easiest way to get all our modified applications/reports (all 55 codes) to the new servers??
Can we just install from start and then copy over the directories/tables into the new servers??

Thanks
Brett

Rather than "reinstalling", your question should be more along the lines of 'how to migrate from one server to another.'

By searching this forum for migration topics and downloading various whitepapers from Peoplesoft including 'Changing a deployment server', you should get a good idea of all of the tasks involved with the migration.

Hi,

well moving your deployment server from an NT box to another box should not be a problem at all. Just re-install the initial CD on Depolyment server and copy over all your directories as mentioned in the KG doc - Changing out a Deployment server.

From my limited experience I think that the Enterprise Server move is gonna be tricky. What database are you running currently. You would have to migrate all the databases from your current one to DB2 on AS/400.

Or you could add the new server as an additional enterprise server to your current setup. Then use OneWorld tools to copy over datasources using say R98403. Once complete change your datasources to point to the new server. Well its not as simple as it sounds but just my thoughts

Back