Totals keep getting higher

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
When I run the report manual through the project it comes out with the correct totals. When we submit the job off of a World menu and it goes through the project the totals are too high. Each time the report is ran the totals are higher. This report has been running for the last 6 months and now this month it is not. I have not changed this report in 6 months.

What would make the totals get out of whack? The project is not saved with pagebanks.

Stephanie,

This sounds like a case of the objects that are used to store the totals not being reset between jobs. Have you looked at the project for where the totals are being stored (they are likely to be items in a memory object)? If these are not being reset, when you recieve new data run a copy text/number object to reset each one. If you do not store your totals this way, you may be storing them in page banks or bags, in which case make sure that these are emptied either at the end or beginning of the project.
You imply that this project has run fine in the past but is now not working. This could be:
1. You previously had restarted the FormScape service at some stage before running the report. This would have the effect of resetting the variables.
2. The incoming data may have altered.
3. The resetting of the variables (totals) is controlled by some sort of logic and is not triggering with your recent data.

Hope this helps.

I found the problem. it was 2 values that I had not cleared out at the end. When I copied the copy number object I missed changing the container object that it was supposed to clear. Silly me!

Thanks for your help
Stephanie

Back