Verify restore after system rebuild / crash

saia

I have lost 2 disk drives in the same raid set. I am restoring from good backups. What validation steps should I take to verify my restore? ie: integrities, open A/R, etc. We are XE co-existance, GL, AP, AR, FA. I am running an AS400 as my platform, which is what crashed.

You need to provide more information including platform and what server has crashed. Disaster Recovery is different for everyone as there are different methods and approaches. We for one do not try to recover the whole system (WINDOWS 2000 Server on Enterprise and Deployment). We actually would re-install the operating system, SQL Server, re-install JDE and then recover Path codes etc... We have recently upgraded to ERP 8.9 and have not gone through a DR test yet. We have however successfully tested recovery of our previous B7332 environent and I have documentation of this process. If you would like a copy please send me an e-mail.

On another item of note, we are in the process of implementing VMWARE (server Virtualization). I plan to virtualize the Deployment Server which will make my recovery of this server very easy.

Cheers,

Crawford

Back