PeopleSoft Knowledge Garden Website Problem

ghosty

Hi everyone,

For weeks we have been trying to download documents (technical guides) from the www.peoplesoft.com website. When we search for documents, and choose the searched items, these items usually have attachments on them, if we try to download the attachment it just gives us a random error (access denied, returns to page, search page), 1 in 10 tries it works, but most of the times it doesn?t. Has anyone encountered this same problem?

Also if you searched for a solution on the online support, it gives you a result but when you click on one of them it will just move you back to the search solution page. This site is full of features that doesn?t really work.

We posted an issue already but also the issue management page doesn?t work properly.

I tried using different browsers (IE, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla, FireFox), and used different Java Runtime Environment. Still I?m having the same problem.

Is anyone facing the same problem? Any solution/work around on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Grefenp
PEO 8.10 Win2003 DB2

I had a problem with downloading ESU's when I first started to use the new site.

In my case it was specific to my PC as other machines were working fine. We deleted and reinstalled all the Java stuff off my machine and it started to work.

I also found that I had to allow pop ups or some things just didn't seem to open up correctly.

Also we couldn't get into all the relevant areas of customer connections site as our account was not migrated correctly and some of our Company information was not set up.

Hope this helps

We tested it on 4 different PCs still the same problem.... I tried using different Java versions, and disabling popup blocker... still same problem....

Thank you for the info...

Whenever I download something from JDE/Peoplesoft, I disable my pop-up blocker and I ignore the java downloader and go to the alternate download. I have found that the Java downloader is never the same java release and tends to freak my computer out (maxes out the CPU and other weird stuff).

Gregg Larkin
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne System Administrator
Praxair, Inc.

In order to get a solution to this, I suggest you send an email to Peoplesoft support stating an exact link, exact page you are on, and the exact error message you are getting.

They should be able to help you very quick.

In the same email, you can ask them to send you the information you can't get from the download link (that isn't working).

Shaun

KG became difficult to use after the PSFT merger and we can't use it as easy as we were. It was taking hrs and hrs to move from one page to the other even with Java enabling etc.

That's true. We suffered from this situation for a long time. Tha attachement can't be downloaded using 2 different PCs, but can be downloaded on the 3rd PC.
Who has a configuration list of the explorer or the OS that can assure a successful downloading.

Here is another one :
- After the mergure I tried to open a call, impossible with the phone hotline, I landed everytime on a voicemail and nobody phoned me back.
- Anyway I opened a case through the KG giving all my phone numbers.
After a few days I had a look at my case with the 'manage a case' from the KG, guess what ?

The status of the case was : waiting for customer feedback (call) as they couldn't reach me.
Astounding as I gave a mobile phone [that has a voice mail].

That's pretty bad, Frederic. Maybe they didn't know to dial 011 first? :)

Andy Klee

PS. By the way we are opening our own HelpDesk service for North America on December 1. Details are at www.JDEtiPS.com/HelpDesk.asp.

hi guys,

thanks for the reply.

here is a reply from peoplesoft regarding our problem:
----------------------
I tried to open the attachment in the link you sent me and it worked...
So the problem must be on your side unfortunately.
If you want I can send you the content of the attachment.
For the rest I can best advise you to talk to your IT people.
Maybe you have a strong firewall?
----------------------

I will try to look deeper into this problem... i will post the IE/PC settings if i get it to work...

Back