terminate job on AS400

Todd Rorie

I need some help List. I have a high dollar consultant sitting here telling me you CAN terminate UBE jobs on an AS400 from WSJ yet PSFT GSS says you CANNOT. What have you all seen with your 400 implementations? Thanks for your help.

Hello,

In my opinion there is not much difference in ending a 'normal' UBE job from AS400 or from within OW ('Terminate' row exit on form W986110BA). Personally I prefer to end jobs from AS400 where you have more options (capture job logs, CNTRLD end,etc..). If it is a subsystem UBE then the preferred method is to use OW to do a controlled end by taking the row exit 'End Subsystem' as this will process any outstanding waiting tasks before terminating.

Regards

Andrew Holder

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough on my question. If you click on the Terminate button in the exit row of Work Submitted Jobs and that job has been submitted to an AS400, will the job terminate on the 400 without having to start an interactive job and end it manually? Here it will not and PSFT says that it will not. Thanks.

I have seen a inconsistent result from killing UBE's from within OneWorld. I works part of the time, other times it doesn't. The reverse is

Hi,

Mu experience is thus:

The terminate row exit from WSJ does work on running jobs. It ends the job, and changes it's status to 'E'.

Ending the job from WRKACTJOB also works, but it leaves the job status in JDE as 'P'.

However, in our release Xe/SP22, deleting a WAITING job from WSJ does not work. It deletes the job control record in JDE, but it does not remove the job from the AS400 queue, meaning it will eventually run. This can have dire consequences, is a known bug, and I'm frankly disgusted with PSFT as they have not fixed it yet.

Example - A user here sub'd a Sales Update, but realised it was in the wrong queue. She deleted the waiting job from WSJ, then re-sub'd to another queue. Because the original job was not removed from the AS400 queue, it ended up running simultaneously with the same version and data selection as the second job. Result: Several days work for a PSFT financials guru patching up the resulting cabbage in the AR.

However, in our release Xe/SP22, deleting a WAITING job from WSJ does not work. It deletes the job control record in JDE, but it does not remove the job from the AS400 queue, meaning it will eventually run. This can have dire consequences, is a known bug, and I'm frankly disgusted with PSFT as they have not fixed it yet.

Yep have seen that behaviour also. As far as I know it has been that way since the start of XE, don't know how that is with other releases on the I-Series.

If the job is still in the waiting state it is in the job queue on the 400. If you terminiate it on the WSJ it does not take it out of the queue. You will have to do a 'WRKJOBQ' command on the 400 screen. and delete the job out there in the proper jobq. The default jobq is QB7333 but you may have created others. It has been our experience that these jobs will run if not deleted with no entry to show for it.

Sorry to escalate this to a different platform, but is the behavior similar on SQL Server?

No issues with SQL on Windows platform as long as the TerminateJob and DeleteJob BSFNs are mapped to that server.

Back