B9 JAS/WebSphere 5.0.2.2 timeout

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

Any help is greatly appreciated. Over the last week and a helf or so, we have been getting intermittent timeouts on JAS. I don't believe this to be with the configuration files, as http is set to 7200, WebSphere is set to 60 minutes, and the jas.ini timeout is set to 7200000.

However in some instaces, we get timeout messages after 4 minutes of being idle, sometimes it's 15 minutes, and others it's 45 minutes, but in all cases it's less than the 60 minutes it should be.

I understand that WebSphere performs some sort of keep-alive function and I am thinking that this is what is timing out.

I have asked the system and network people, annd the response has been "Nothing has changed"....

Any ideas where I could start looking or pointing the network/systems people to look?

We are on EO89 SP3_G1, Sun/Oracle 9i,

Thanks,

Matthew,
If you're referring to the session timeout, which it sounds like you are, there is one more place to check.

In addition to the "Websphere Application Server" timeout there is also an "Enterprise Application" timeout. This is setup similar to how you setup your Application Server timeout, except you go under Enterprise Applications instead of Application Servers.

However, it isn't likely this changed "all of a sudden" without your knowing, so it might not be the problem, although you should check it out and set it the same as your Application Server timeout.

The only time I have seen this change unexpectedly was when a timeout changed on a Cisco router.

Hope this helps,
Bill Patow

Bill,

Thanks for the response. There are actually 3 places you can change the timeout, the Application Server level, the Enterprise Application level, and the Web Application level, actually there's 4 because you can set the tinmeout when the application is packaged. Fun, eh?? It is my understanding that timeout is inherited from the level above unless the Overwrite Session Management box is selected, in which case the timeout that is configured for the level you selected the Overwrite Session Management box will be used. Just in case, I set all session timeouts the same, and we are still getting the error. I'll start looking into the cisco config though.

Matthew

Back