NER Compile Error on Server

indianyogi

Hi,

While builiding an update package on my Unix Enterprise server, I saw this error in the package directory under CompileLogs.

/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed

This is the reason, why my Custom Parent DLL and this NER are not getting compiled.

Frankly speaking, I do not have ANY clue, where this error is coming from.

Ofcourse, we moved the enterprise server from one box to another, last month, and had mirrored everything on the old box to the new box.

Need some guidance, and to why this problem is coming and how it can be solved.

Thanks
Yogesh

Hi,

can you attach you log file. Also did you install the compiler on the new UNIX server?

Hi,

My .log files dont have anything. Do you want me to build a package with the debugging on?

The only error I see is the .err file under the Compilelogs folder on the Unix server.

The compiler is installed on the server, what else should i check to ensure that a module or something else is not missing.

Thanks
Yogesh

Indian Yogi

Have you created this Custom DLL as NEW DLL? If so then update package is going to fail since it tries to find in Parent package and parent package did not have this custom dll.
In order to get problem resolved only way I know is to create full package, then this DLL will be cretaed.

Hi Manish,

This NER is an old NER, and even the full package is giving the same error. It is not able to compile any BSFN/Trig/NER on the Nuix Server.

Thanks
Yogesh

Can you attach your build error log, your buildlog file and the compile log file from the unix server, also when you build a package the JDE log file on the build machine should have something written to it can you also attach that file.

Hi,

You actual problem is not how you are building the package or what type it is. The real problem is :
/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed

try which cc from the unix prompt. Does it show you the path to the compiler ? Try echo $PATH and make sure they are correct. Without wasting time talk to the vendor and get the compiler installed / licensed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks. This did solve my problem. In the $PATH, /usr/ucb was defined before the SUNWSPRO/Bin path. We changed the sequence in the PATH variable, and it worked.

Thanks again.

Rgds
Yogi

Back