Scheduler for JDE

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
We are in the process of trying to evaluate and purchase a scheduler service to use instead of the Enterprise One scheduler.

So far we have evaluated AppWorx and we like it however it is a bit costly. We also will like a scheduler that not only works with JDE but will work with Siebel, WebMethods, Oracle Financials and a few in house applications.

I would like you opinion on any other scheduler service that is available on the market that you think we should evaluate before we make a decision.

Thanks for you input.

If you want native support of all of these products, you are looking at first tier (i.e. EXPENSIVE) products like AppWorx, Tidal, and Control-M.

If you are budget minded, you should look at ActiveBatch. While they do not have plug-ins for any of these vendors, it usally simple to call command line programs to handle the interaction. ActiveBatch's V4 product is a strong contender. Their V5 product which is scheduled to come out in January dramtically lowers the feature gap between them with the first tier vendors.

Search this forum for my previous post on the topic where I upload a spreadsheet comparing the features of about 15 different vendors.

Trust me when I say that AppWorx is by far the best scheduler app for JDE. They now have the ability to change PO and data selection at submission time. As well as being able to monitor jobs submitted from other jobs. If you need more specifics, drop me a line.

Dan

Back