P4021 - Supply & Demand Inquiry - Causes Crash / System Instability

Larry_Jones

Larry_Jones

Legendary Poster
Hope someone can help us with this.

ISSUE:
Running P4021 directly from a menu works OK - as it should.
Running P4021 from a Row/Form Exit (suchas from P3111 - WO Parts List) does not return any data other than current inventory balance (even if there are supply and/or demand records for the item).
Running P4021 from a Row/Form Exit (either before or after running P4021 from a menu causes a crashes/system instability/freeze up of entire windows client. Sometimes this shows as a runaway process exhibited as high CPU usage and memory usage increasing until page file fills up and computer comes to a halt.

This is a severe problem for us as we have just gone live on 8.9 - SP m8.93F1 and users are dropping like flies.

Anyone out there who has experienced this and can point us to a solution?

Thanks

We fought this battle. Call PeopleSoft and refer to case# 3581247.
This is not a SAR but a call number. They produced a code fix for us that
modified B3400310 and B3401360. This fix stopped the crashes and
significantly improved performance.

I you have the opportunity, you should have your call assigned to Alan
Goldman. He was the point man for us and did a very good job. He would be
fully qualified on the topic and could get you a fix much faster.

Thx Gilmore.

We found the fix on ESU PF2581. Perhaps in response to your call.
Anyway - the ESU fixed it.

Regards,

Franck,

no idea. but you can find out by going to the customer support website, signing in, find the latest ESU the application is in, and then view the SAR list there.

Regards,

Hi Bruce, We are on 8.11SP1 with the latest fix current for P4021 and we still have this problem. users will get a web client exception when clicking find and a call object kernel will start consuming processing power on the iseries. B3400310 is in the call stack of the looping process.

We have been experiencing similiar issues with supply and demand. I have been able to track the problem down to a specific manf order/rate schedules. I don't know yet what is wrong with them but we are looking.

You can track down the problem to a specific order type and status by creating a new inclusion rule duplicating the existing one and update the PO for P4021. Began by removing all of one order type at a time until the web exception error does not happen. Then start adding the status back until it errors. I was lucky in the fact that the item I was having a problem had only one manf order.

The supply and demand report has the same issue except that it will hang and run forever.

When I get a resolution I will repost.

Hey,

Even I am having the same problem with P4021.
On Server:When i click find It gives exception and creates zombies on server..It works for some records and creates exception for some..
Local:But it works completely fine locally.
Were you able to solve it...
Thanks in Advance..

Back