OneWorld and UPS

CNC Pro

Hello Folks,

We have a requirement where we want to export our "PickSlip" ( ship to )information to UPS ( and thier system ). The object is to avoid "typo" erros been made when manually keying in Ship To info into the UPS system from a OneWorld generated Pick Slip. The next phase to this is to import the UPS system tracking numbers into the sales order within OneWorld. I know this is all possible but has anyone out there done this before?

( question is asked in the hope of not reinventing the wheel )

I've done this several times. The solution can go as far as you'd like, including auto-ship confirm, auto-transportation-ship confirm, Bill of Lading, etc. I have also integrated FedEx both through table interfaces and Windows Sockets. These solutions can import weights, costs, tracking numbers and will update both sales and transportation tables (optionally of course). I've created another solution that even creates Sales Detail lines for the shipping costs(where transporation isn't being used). This solution re-calculates when changes occur as well. All of this is integrated directly with the ship stations themselves, so updates are immediate.

So, yup, it can be done. (Salesman hat on)Please contact me if you'd like to learn more.(/Saleman hat off)

We have a UPS ConnectShip workstation in our warehouse and integrate to that using 2 custom JDE tables and ODBC. One table has info going to UPS and the other comes from UPS. UPS couldn't update the table it was reading from for some reason. After JDE packing, I send shipping data to the custom table. When the shipping department is done packing, they enter the shipment id on ConnectShip and it pulls the JDE info. When they press OK, it returns tracking #s and pricing to the JDE return table, where I pick it up later.
Contact your UPS rep for more info - it's pretty easy via this method.

--Good luck!

Back