Scheduler Troubleshooting

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
Is there a way to troubleshoot problems with the JDE Scheduler? For the last few weeks several jobs don't kick off in the morning. I simply get a Error:Could not submit message. There is nothing in the jde.log and I can't tell why jobs are erroring out on the submit. Is there a nother location where these error logs might be located?

check your message queue, it could be full and unless it's being purged routinely or set to wrap upon itself (overnight oldest entries) it could be causing your problems

Display System Value

System value . . . . . : QJOBMSGQFL
Description . . . . . : Job message queue full action

Job message queue full
action . . . . . . . : *WRAP *NOWRAP
*WRAP
*PRTWRAP

Re: RE: Scheduler Troubleshooting

OK, the word is OVERWRITE not overnight....Keep the laughter to a DULL roar please.... Also don't want to make this harder to understand than necessary for those of you who use English as a second language. Seems maybe I should be too, I might learn something.

If you are making small changes to the jobs before they fail, try and recreate the job cleanly from scratch without having to fiddle with it. I ran into some problem when I was making changes. Have not had the chance to nail down exactly what change or what sequence of change caused my problems. ERP 8.9

Back