OCM Override?

mikemcg12

First off I'm very new to oneworld administration. So this is probably a stupid question but I created a task on the taskview that we are using and when I try to run a specific ube, it doesn't run right. If I go to batch versions and run it locally it runs fine. Is there a way to force the ube to always run locally without having to go into batch versions and telling it to overide location? I was told I need to do an OCM override. How do I do that?

Hi Mike,

First of all, welcome aboard!

There is no stupid question here (generally ;-)

You are right, you can do it with OCM (Object Configuration Manager).

Type "OCM" or P986110 into the fast-path.
Select the row, where Data Source is "System - Bxxx" or similar.

Enter in the QBE fields:

Object Name = "DEAFULT"
Object Type = "UBE"

and press find. These are the default settings for running UBEs, for environments, and maybe for users too.

Suppose, you want to override the location for DV9 environment:

Select the row, where Environment = "DV9".
Press: Copy
Enter "LOCAL" to the Primary Data Source field.
Enter "*PUBLIC" to the System Role field, if you want this settings avalaible for all users, or select an individual users, to override default location just for this user.
Press: OK

Find again and select your new entry.
Press: Change Status
(note: from NA to AV in Object Status column)
Maybe this action won't work, if you have already a row with similar settings (environment, object name, object type, system role and with status AV)). In this case select that row and press Change Status (from AV to NA). Now you can change the status of your new row.

Note: AV = Active, NA = Not Active

You have to repeat this procedure for all environments and/or for all users, where you want to ovveride the default location.

After you done all, you have to log-off OW/E1 to make the new settings available (because OCM settings are cached)

Please, let us know your progress.

Regards,

Zoltán

Maybe

It worked! Thanks Alot! I think what really threw me off was that I had to log into the deployment server to change the ocm. For some reason nothing would show up on my own fat client. I do have another question though. Is it possible to just do the override to three specific objects instead of all objects. Would I enter it all just as before with the exception of replacing "default" with the names of the three objects?

Hi Mike,

Glad to read, that it works.

You are right again. You can make object specific overrides, replacing DEFAULT with the name of the UBE in the Object Name field.
Object specific entries will override the DEFAULT settings (as exyceptions).

Regards,

Zoltán

Back