Salary information

guessmyname4me

I had asked weeks ago and received no answers.. May be this is not the right form..

What is the salary range for a person, who has 10 years of IT experience with 6 years of JDE Oneworld (Peoplesoft Enterprise one) with good programming and Business analysis skills working as a Senior Business analyst who knows Sales order management, Inventory, Fixed Assets and Finance reporting directly to the VP of IT. The reason I’m asking is, I’m being taken advantage on this..

Anyone Please.....

Probably need to take this to a site like Monster or Dice Inc. These places can give you better stats by industry and region than a poll here. There are too many variables involved to consider information from here to be accurate in your particular situation. Hope this helps.

This is a technical forum. Back at the main index scroll down to the General Section. Within it is an “Opportunities” forum that might service the query.

That's a tough one for an international forum to answer. There are so many variables to this. Where do you live, how large is the company, how many direct reports do you have, etc. Being 'all things to all people' isn't a good measure either. As Director of Development I ran a department of programmers and wrote software too. The Business Analyst Director and his staff wrote no code, but analyzed requests and wrote documents. My point is, being able to do something that isn't in your job description doesn't count.

Here's another point to consider. I was very well paid for running that department. On top of the salary I got a 30% bonus based on company performance. My 4 programmers were paid an upper-market rate too. Well guess what? The new CEO looked at that and laid the whole department off. It didn't matter that my hand-picked group of E1 programmers (all former JDE programmers across 4 verticals) had more experience than any 5 companies put together. He saw the dollars going out the door and decided consultants would be cheaper.

Be careful of what you ask for. . . . .

JAS Column Prefix

Hi, I have a table that a ESU altered the prefix, but my Web environment still use the old prefix, what I have to do to update this prefix, where is kept this information, on the serialized tables F989999,..

Tks.

Touché!

However, overlooked is the part where he states he feels he's being taken advantage of. Salary analysis aside - and please don't take this the wrong way - but somewhere there are people making more than all of us!

You took the gig, ask for a raise. But as one raised in a castle and now living in "the real world"...money isn't all, can't buy happiness - real friends, etc. There's something to be said at the end of the day for doing your best. Do you really need that gold pocket protector?

I would consult with Salary.com but generally dependent on location and experience 75K - 120 K.

I am not sure of your situation but consulting is a good way to go if you can travel. Form an LLC, get your insurance and have at it. Change is always a problem for most of us but just be like 'Sniff' and 'Scurry' in the book "Who Moved My Cheese". You will find something.

--

Well, who doesn't look at what the CEO is making and feel taken advantage of! The only thing that guy does is point his finger, or play computer golf. Right? Am I right?! Yeah, you bet I'm right. . .(grumble. .grumble. .) :grin:

Not me.... I'm good little worker bee... I make my honey then go home to my honey. I'm happy to be an epsilon, I'm happy to be an epsilon, I'm happy to.... =0)
Btw - Seriously, you were a good director. You taught me a lot. Got me where I am today.

Back