JDE Security

HydroOttawa

HydroOttawa

Hi List

I'm a newbie. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some some advice on how to conduct an audit of the security setup in a B733.3 installation. I can't find much on the Peoplesoft KG, and there aren't many standard reports against the security table. Am I right in assuming that I need to develop custom reports against the 950 table? Also, a few other related questions - are there any third party tools or documents that I can use to ease the pain on this?

TIA

Hi Canadian Water Person...welcome!

Could you elaborate on your configuration, please?

Thanks ever so much!

Aspen

Custom reports on 950 - Yes. You'll love it ;)
Third party reports - Check with QSoftware

I just noticed Alexander Pastuhov has a product called Security Commander you might consider.

Pleased to make your acquaintance Princess :)

I'm just starting here .. what I know so far is ...

we have about 500 users, mostly thin client, DB is Oracle, OS platform is Windoz (Win2K). We're running Financials, HR/PAY, Job Costing, Purchasing, Inventory. There are about 25 groups defined - some of which aren't used :) - lots of user overrides from what I can tell.

I have to agree with the man in the mask (and asked myself why he wears it - but after reading his bio I see he has a great Dad-like-sense-of-humor)

Nice meeting you too. Hi ho, hi ho...

A

Evening,

Deloitte (Chicago) has a good cheap service for PSE1 security and SOD. Just make sure you have default deny and processing option security in place if you purchase it. :)

You may like this training course:
http://www.theiia.org/training/index.cfm?act=seminar.detail&semID=150

We use QSoftware, check them out. You can also attend the JDE/PSE1 security training courses. If you search this list there is some good info in prior threads. Good luck.

Nick

Back