Forcast consumption

JHD

The documentation says something about using history to generate a forcast
then comsuming forast will work. It says you can't use forcast consumption
except if you generate a forcast from history.

1) How do i generate this forcast?
2) Is there a way to trick JDE into believing this process was run?
If so what must i do to accomplish this?

I ask #2 becuase when we converted to JDE we didn't carry over old sales
history. I could load it if need be but i've been instructed not to load
the history instead find a way to trick JDEdwards.

thanks
OneWold 8.9 B733.4 SP10

Re: Forecast consumption

I am not aware of that specific reference in the documentation but it is probably quite ambiguous. If it was clear then we would hardly need the JDEList!

There is no need for you to worry. Of course you need a "Forecast" to use Forecast Consumption in R3482/R3483 or P4021/R4051 but you can type it into the P3460. Use, say, a Forecast Type of "BF" and insert "BF" into the Processing Options of your MRP/DRP/MPS or Supply&Demand Enquiry and everything will work. There is no need to 'fool' JDE into thinking you generated the Forecast from History.

(You don't need to do anything other than type in your Forecast manually. There is the R34650 program you can run. This creates Detail Forecast from Actuals. You can even extract Actuals from the Sales Order Detail and History Tables using the R3465. This program inserts the data into summary format into the F3460 Table - the same place you store the Forecast itself! All of these programs are on the G3421 Menu in the Manufacturing Systems. The use of R3465 is not essential either. You don't need to have loaded any Sales History. You can actually just type in your Sales History into the P3460 under a different "Forecast Type" (normally "AA") and proceed to generate a Forecast from that.)

By the way - this is a Tech forum - you'll get a better response by posting to the Apps forum. Cheers!

Back