Automatic disabling of users: is it possible for Oneworld?

MarkPoa

Hi all!

This question is actually just pondering. I'm not looking for particular applications yet. One of the companies I'm giving consulting services to would like to enhance their user administration capabilities. They were wondering if it would be possible to automate the disabling of user profiles that have not logged on for a certain number of days. The disabling of inactive users can be done through manual review of user profiles, but due to the large number of users in the company, this would mean that a lot of time would be spent on the review. Personally, I haven't encountered this type of automation before and my searches have not turned up any ideas on how to go about it. Has anyone here actually done this? Even without giving out specific details (such as applications or scripts), I'd just like to know if this is possible and whether this would be costly to implement.

They are using JDE Oneworld running on Windows NT. On the operating system level, I understand that they're already attempting to automate the disabling of NT user profiles that are inactive through the use of VB scripts. Could a similar approach be used for JDE Oneworld?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

If you want to disable the users regarding their last loggin date, you first need to activate the security history.
It's a paramater in the jde.ini of the server :
[SECURITY]
History=1
By default the value is 0, and so, in the security history, you only have information about add/modify/delete/change password of users, but not login/logout information.
Setting the value to one will activate the login/logout trace.
You can access to security history by P98OWSEC program, and in Form exit bar, by clicking on "Security History" (by the way : never delete a record in that program !!! It delete the user concerned in F0092 !!! Thanks JDE :) ).
The security history table is F9312.

Once history activated, you could create and schedule a script that would scan your table F9312 to get the user whose last login date is before the current date less a number of days, and then update the F98OWSEC table for those users to change the field SCEUSER to indicate that their login is disabled.

I didn't put that in place (and security history is not activated), but i think it could work.

Back