AS /400 : config

If you are refering to E1 setup, I'd highly recommend downloading the Support Assistant tool from the PSFT Customer Connection area. If you are talking about the actual configuration of the iSeries, both at a operating level and at level specific to running E1, well, her highness was correct, so much time, so few things to check...wait...reverse that! ;)

Regards,

I'm so confused....on 10/12 he asked about SQL server, now a 400....is this a new i5 that came in yesterday?

****Are there two more of you - your Stooginess?

Memory - WRKSHRPOOL

Disc Space - WRKSYSSTS

Check your drives while you're at it - WRKDSKSTS

midrange.com is a good place for 400 schtuff, how'd I do Stoogie?

Rousav,

If you're talking about the current config of your AS/400 at the command line enter STRSST,
select "Start a service tool", next
select "Hardware service manager", next
Hit <F6> for "Print configuration"
to exit hit <F3> twice and enter to exit.

If you are talking about minimums for a new system config, see Peoplesoft and an AS/400 vendor to get help sizing a box. Then triple any disk amount they quote, OneWorld or Enterprise One will eat it up faster than you'll learn to control it.

Ahhh...confusion, now there's a topic I can actually contribute to!! I am a consultant, your highness, therefore I get the opportunity to 'experience' many platforms and RDBMS's...but no Unix...ewww, icky, ptooie...

Regards,

Perfecto...I believe, though, wrksyssts will show total memory, or storage as it's oft referred to in the circles of the big black box, that used to be big and grey, and now isn't usually even big any longer....

Regards,

Do you always answer twice???? AHA! This a consultants way of double billing!! I knew it!!

Hmmm...I've been doing this for, um...6 years...the only time I'm ONLY double billing is when I'm asleep! If I'm awake, at least three or four people are paying for it!

;-)

Hi Jim,

Good one !!!!!

So how do you chose which one to bill while you asleep? Is it based on which nightmare you get???

Hey Adrian...

No, my only nightmares involve being forced to use Unix for a ES and Linux for a WAS server by a sinister, dark figure in the background with a british accent and a propensity to sling cynical barbs at the makers of E1!! ;)

As far as figuring out the billing...well, who's to say that going to the client site in your subconscious is any different that going for real. Heck, for me, they may actually get better service while I'm sleeping!!!

Regards,

Wandering far off topic here (and hopefully not inciting a platform war ;) ), but I'm curious, as a big Unix bigot myself,
what makes you so anti-Unix?

I'm really not anti-any platform OS. I've just found in my years that my Unix enlightened comrades are more apt to attack and insult the other platforms/OS's more vocally, so I like poking fun at them whenever possible.

I wasn't really trying to start Platform War III, really just taking a jab at Mr. Quark....

;)

Regards,

Back