E1 8.10 Install : PORTTEST Faliure

rousav

Hello,

i am trying to upgrade the system from WORLD to E1 8.10. on AS/400. When i try to run the PORTTEST it fails and gives the following error:

Mar 23 15:11:25.397376 dbsql_s.c1501 - SELECT OMENHV, OMAPPLID, OMOBNM, OMDATP, OMDATS, OMUGRP, OMOAPP, OMDATM, OMOVRE, OMSY, OMSTSO, OMFUNO, OMOCM2 FROM SVM9/F986101 WHERE ( OMENHV = 'DV9' AND OMSTSO = 'AV' AND OMFUNO = 'TBLE' AND OMOBNM = 'DEFAULT' AND OMUGRP = '*PUBLIC' ) ORDER BY OMSTSO ASC,OMAPPLID ASC
Mar 23 15:11:25.397800 dbdrv_log.c201 - OpenSQLCursor:ReOpen SQL cursor: Crsr1.
Mar 23 15:11:25.398168 jdb_exef.c3125 - No More Data found
Mar 23 15:11:25.398352 jdb_omp1.c3145 - JDB9900262 - Failed to fetch record from F986101

I searched the PeopleSoft website and figured out that the problem may be that the deployment server is at V5R1 OS.
Is there a way of solving this problem without upgrading the OS to V5R2??? If an upgrade is necessary ...any ideas on how long it takes to upgrade the OS and what the steps will be after the upgrade.?

Really Appreciate any help!!!

Not going to get into what "supported" really does or doesn't mean, but V5R1 is NOT supported for E1 8.10. My guess is the answer you will get from GSC is upgrade the OS400 because PSFT's MTR's specifically state that V5R2 is needed for this release of E1. You can probably get through the OS400 upgrade in a weekend, and depending on what was done during the attempted E1 installation, you may just wish to do a "do over".

Regards,

Thanks a lot for your help. We will probably do an upgrade over the weekend.

i am deleting my enterprise and deployment libraries /folder. I will be re installing 8.10 starting from the deployment server.

I would really appreciate if some one could tell me if there are any suggestions or points to keep in mind so that things go smoothly.

Make sure you have the latest Planner ESU and be sure to follow the steps in the install manual EXACTLY as to the order of applying ESU's and SP's. I ran into some issues myself when the "seasoned CNC dude" strayed from the order laid out in the manual. Also, just a FYI, when choosing the data load type you want, either production or demo data, in 8.10 you will get "rapid start" data regardless of what you ask for. There will be versions, AB entries, all sorts of stuff. So if you aren't actually performing an upgrade, be aware. Also, don't forget to follow the post installation steps, which will get your help system set up, and get a copy of the 'real' demo database should you need it for any purpose.

Regards,

Back