Ram Gupta is no longer with PeopleSoft

SULLY1

VIP Member
Below is the link.

http://news.com.com/PeopleSoft+executive+Gupta+departs/2100-1014_3-5411661.html

According to the acticle from news.com Gupta's top role was the integration of PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards. He also had responsibility for converging the companies into one code base.

Gee, I thought PSFT always assured us that they would keep the three product lines separate but incorporate the best of each product line into each other. Based on the article this does not seem to be the behinds the scene intent of PSFT for the future of the products. What do you think?

Patty

Quote from this article - "He also had responsibility for converging the companies into one code base"

Well - the quote came from an outside resource who might not have understood the plans that Peoplesoft had with regards to the product lines. Of course, as we all know, converging completely different products is exceptionally difficult - if not impossible - and realistically it would mean dropping one code base in favour for another - something Peoplesoft (and Oracle) have stated they will not do as far as JDE code is concerned.

No - I think this was a misquote with regards to Rams' responsibility. I think that Ram had done an outstanding job at Peoplesoft - the development that had occurred on OneWorld (his chief responsibility) was huge - and I feel that he was respected and liked amongst the industry AND the employees.

What is interesting is the fact that Duffield seems to be carving out the "best" vice presidents and directors from his team - is this a method to devalue Peoplesoft to such a degree that, in effect, will result in Oracle just walking away ???? I don't understand what is going on at the top here - I thought Duffield was brought in to help the takeover ?

Its all turning into a bit of a Masada here - rather than be captured by the enemy they seem to be committing hari-kari !

And see...I get all excited to see a post from Sir Quark, ensure that I don't have carbonated beverage in my oral cavity, and low and behold, no typical brit cynical barbs.

Anyhoo...Ram's replacement is an ex-PeopleSoft executive. I'm not sure it's really so much getting rid of senior VP's as it is a situation of "new head coach brings in new coordinators and assistant coaches".

Regards,

Its because I'm all confused on this one - as is everybody else in the industry.

What did Ram do wrong ? Is Duffield planning on changing the strategic direction for EnterpriseOne - and Ram was in his way ?

Someone, please, stop this train. I cannot believe that ANY prospect would sign on the dotted line with Duffield's knee-jerk methodologies to get his own stockprice up.

Watch Oracle walk away, and Peoplesofts stock price plummet to $8 per share in my opinion.

Back