CAN'T LOG IN!

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
CAN\'T LOG IN!

We are having problems this morning logging in. We are getting the Unable to locate security server error. I have checked the JDE user Id and it is enabled. I have bounced the services 3 times and still nothing.

I am at a lose as to what to do next.

Re: CAN\'T LOG IN!

Hi Stephanie,

You have problem while connecting with fat client ?

The error "Unable to locate security server" means there is a issue for JDE to contact the server defined in the jde.ini file, paramater "SecurityServer" in section [SECURITY].
The problem i saw with that were problem with name resolution (problem due to the network, not to jde).
What you could check is :
Is the "SecurityServer" is a name of machine ?
Try to ping it with the name to see if your network can make the translation between the name and the IP adress.
If it doesn't ping correctly with the name, try to ping the IP adress. If it's working, you can replace the name of the server by the IP adress in the jde.ini file. If not, you have a network issue.

I called Peoplesoft and we were looking at it. So far it looks like a connectivity problem. I am having the Network guy look at it. We pinged the 400 server and there was a problem communicating with it.

Stephanie

Make sure tcp/ip is active, and the client access host servers are active. If you IPL on the weekends, check the activity log for that period and see what services did not start.

It seems that the DNS server was down and that was the problem. We found it was a connectivity problem and with Peoplesoft's help we were able to find the problem

Thanks for the suggestion
Stephanie

Sometimes it happens that the service really isn't running on the host:port specified in jde.ini. I understand that the security server has to be started by the JDE username or an error is thrown.
What is the nature of the security server and how is this done?
I'm a novice and am wondering when our sysadmin is starting the security server service what is actually running JDE? LDAP? ActiveDirectory?

hi,
in jde.ini file, in SECURITY tab check the entry of ES if its Name of machine then try with IP address. If still it does not solve then remove Security entry (i.e. ES name) try login with system user (JDE) and revise your System user application.

To avoid this in the future you could edit the host table entries on the 400 as well as your citrix or fat clients to have the names and IP's of your enterprise server. on the 400 it is under cfgtcp -> option 10 for windows it is under the system32/etc directory.

Nick

Back