Copying existing menu in E1 810.

Ramzi Hashweh

Hello List,
I'm trying to copy an existing menu in E1 810 in stead of creating new one from scratch for my client but I couldn’t so far, can any one help me in that? For example, instead of creating G0412 with tasks relationships, I need to copy it, re-name it and assign versions to programs and reports.

Thanks in Advance.

Ramzi Hashweh

Have you done this in E1 8.9? If so, is there something different in the Task View Explorer?

My initial reaction to the question is this: you cannot copy a Menu (or it equivalent Task). You have to create them from scratch. You can select the Menu and Right Click the Mouse to perform a "Send To" (with all of its children) to a another Task View. However, my understanding is that this only creates a new set of Task Relationships in the F9001. It won't create new Tasks in F9000.

Even if you could copy it you would need to re-assign completely New Tasks for all of the Programs. You must not use the old JDE Tasks in an environment where the system may be upgraded. JDE Tasks are in danger of being deleted or changed in upgrades.

Back