SP23F1 - is it safe?

cassh1

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,
I just searched all the posts on SP23 and found the following:
SP23C1 - problems with table conversions - does anyone know if this is fixed with F1?
SP23E1 - OMW and Web Calendar issues - I believe these are fixed with F1.
Also with E1 - random UBE problems - does anyone have anymore detail on these? Are they fixed with F1?

Are there any other surprises with F1?

Thanks.

Sue.
Xe SP22Q1 iSeries V5R2 Coexistent

We've been using it since the day it became available. So far, no issues.

What's your system configuration?

We are in the process of installing SP23_F1, would like to see if other
customers have done this before successfully.

Xe update3 SP21_Q1
ES - AS/400 V5R2, Fat clients/Citrix

Thanks,
Jennifer Qiu

shearerj
<jeremyshearer@ho To: [email protected]
tmail.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: SP23F1 - is it safe?
jdelist-bounces@j
delist.com

10/18/2004 10:21
AM
Please respond to
"PeopleSoftï½®
EnterpriseOne"

We also installed on the day of release and we have no issues yet.

Jeremy Shearer
Independent CNC Consultant
[email protected]

The table conversion issue with SP23C1 was fixed in SP23F1 (SAR 730518). We are currently running SP23F1 in production without any issues.

Jeff

Biggest issue we've seen is the [Invalid Overwrite or Read] Error When Configuring Security (P00950). It basically errors when you try to expand the trees, or drag objects to be secured, or unsecured. If you have access to the Peoplesoft Customer Connection, look up ICE 1125394000. The error was introduced in SP23_C1. We've opted NOT to put it in to production and take a look at H1, which is supposed to contain the fix. (E1 SP23_F1, SQL 2000)

Hi!

Just recently we applied SP23_G1 from SP15. 4 days after applying the SP, errors were encountered such as ube kernels are dying in succession, system seems slowing down, invalid/blank business unit, customized reports suddenly processing forever, etc. I just wonder how all these issues were not explicitely specified in the installation instructions. Need some advice. We are still at Update 2 and it seems I'm compelled to apply the latest Update or Baseline ESU's.

Hi Louis,
Your issues with P00950 have us concerned.
I tried to look at your ICE but cannot find it. I suspect that I can only see my own company's.

Questions for you.
1. Do you know if this is platform specific? (no offense but I am iSeries).
2. Did you apply the series of ESUs that are required for Version Security? They affect P00950.
JD22230 - Enable Version Security SAR SAR 7034271
JD22009 - Enable Version Security SAR 6955844

Thanks.

Sue.
Xe SP22Q1 iSeries V5R2 Coexistent

Sorry Sue,
I'm not sure if it's platform specific. I can only speak for our installation, with Win2K and SQL2K.

We did take a look at the ESU's, but they don't fix the specific error in the workbench. They only activate the Version Security. As for the ICE; PeopleSoft took away the ability for anyone to see active ICE/SAR's. You may want to push the issue with your account rep, because it's a real pain not being able to view open issues. Perhaps if enough people complain, they'll grant the access again. Oh, and the fix for the P00950 issue is supposed to be fixed in H1, which is scheduled for release [fingers crossed] 11/29. Good luck.

Yes, we applied SP23_G1, and we found P00950 did not work in setting up application security. Other security setup looks fine. We are using AS/400 V5R2 as our ES.

Thanks Jennifer and Louis - you were exactly right. P00950, Security Workbench is not safe to use with SP23G1. We got as far as installing it on one client to test and saw the the 'invalid overwrite' errors while expanding the trees. Interestingly it still accomplished the task and db updates. What was most exciting was that after 5 or 6 of the invalid overwrites, we were popped right out of OneWorld. This would be a huge issue for our Security Admin folks, who work on terminal servers so they would have to either wait for their terminal server sessions to time out or have them reset each time this happened.

Unfortunately H1, with the fix, comes out too late for us as it is too close to our Nov month end. Then we have a long year-end freeze so our next opportunity for a SP is Feb.

We will be talking to PeopleSoft about the fact that it was JDEList that provided us this information, not PeopleSoft. What is Breaking News to be used for I wonder? And why does everyone type their email address in when they download SPs unless it is to be notified of these types of issues? I would suspect that most customers would be interested in issues with Security Workbench.

Anyway, if anything exciting comes out of our discussions with PS I will let you know.

For now, thanks VERY MUCH for the heads up - you saved us a lot of work as we could go directly to the area we were concerned about without getting too far into the SP install.

Sue.
Xe staying on SP22Q1 iSeries V5R2 Coexistent

Thanks for the heads up on SP23 G. I have been very stable on SP22 E but was requested to look into applying SP23 on our test system. I think I'll wait for the SP23 H comments before moving forward.

Gregg Larkin
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne System Administrator
Praxair, Inc.

Back