Rating the Listers - stpopped

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi,

As I noticed, the ability to rate the listers is stopped.
I totally agree with this change, because:

1.) Somebody got a minor and trivial help, and he rate the helper with 5 stars.

2.) Somebody got a help, and he rate the helper with 1 star, which can destroy or decrease the helpers previous rating (e.g. from 3 stars to 2 stars.)

3.) Somebody got a great, tricky, clear and sophisticated help and response to the helper "Lot of thanks! It works like a charm, etc.) but he does not rate the helper, becaus he does not know this possibility.

By my opinion, rating the listers is very subjective and promiscuous, so there is no much sense of it.

Regards,

Zoltán

and it was a poor rating system. I always looked at the ratings as being above and beyond average. 1 stars above average, 2 stars very good, etc. but not everyone saw it that way. You can still rate threads though.

Well ... I did like the idea for rating people by the quality of their postings. I for one am sorry to see it go.

P.S. Eric - how could you have been so confused on the rating system (1 * vs 5 *) ?
wink.gif

B.b.b.but who's going to feed my ego now?! who, whO, TELL ME WHO!!????

<sob>

my stars. . .my beautiful stars. gone

I'm an optimist. What can I say. How does everyone feel about seeing top posters on the main page?

That's ok, if you don't mind replies like 'yup', or 'uh huh' all over the place.

I'm on a couple boards where people have 10000 posts. . .TEN THOUSAND! and that's all they say: 'yup', 'uh huh', or my favorite ';)'. GET A LIFE YOU LOSERS!! (ahem, excuse me).

If you do go for letting people race their 'counters' I've already decided on my signature 'reply'. I'll put it everywhere, even in the Women's forum (wait, we don't have that one here). Ok, this is my signature reply. . . . .

"hmmmm"

Let me try that again. . .it feels pretty good; profound, almost pensive, but still thoughtful (reflective almost), and it hints at a truly deep concern for someones problem (but offers no promises, or obligations). . . . here it goes . .

"hmmmm"

That's the one and I bet someone out there will even giggle when they see it. A hopeful, anticipatory giggle.

People will finally love me when they see that huge 'post count' number by my name. I'll get the respect I really deserve. . .at last. Ahhh, respect at last. [hopeful, anticipatory giggle]

grin.gif

Re: Rating the Listers - stopped

Actually I believe the new Rating system should be based on User Votes on the most "Rocking Avatar", or, indeed, the most boring (pick me, pick me). In fact we could start an entire range of exciting awards and arrange for the annual JDEList Academy Awards.

I suggest all you wacky people write in with you suggestions. Here are a few to get you going:

Longest reply ever to a Post
Shortest reply ever to a Post
Most incorrect reply to a Post
Most profound moment on a Post

..etc., etc....

Hi Darren,

You are my top rated Lister, since you helped me to solve my PressButton(HC &OK) issue with a little C code, let the BSFN waiting for a while in an other execution thread. It was great and important for me, and it was really a tricky and sophisticated solution. Thanks again. That time, I published to my colleauges, how had this problem been solved, with your Nick, Name and Profile.

Here are my 5 stars for you:

<font color="yellow"> * * * * * </font>

Don't be in tears!
wink.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Now I am a bit confused, what does Darren's hmmmmm . . . and Eric's hmmmmm mean?

OK, maybe my English is not the best.

Did I write somthing bad or meaningless or miss something in English, or do I post too much?

I never wanted to raise my post counter higher and higher.
I reply/post only,
- if I have at least 0.001$ to add,
- or ask the other to help clearifying/narrowing the original issue/problem
- or say thanks, when somebody helped me
- or I have an issue to solve
(at least I hope so)

Regards,

Zoltán

I agree with you totally. This is supposed to be a group of peers. Sometimes you need to sift through the blah postings to find the gold.. but raking users only inflates egos!

Shaun

And here I thought subtlety and sarcasm were universal languages!

It's a joke Zoltan, everything I've said in this thread was meant to be funny. And, speaking as the most humble person on this board, I know funny.

I'm just poking some fun at the people who flood threads in order to increase their visibility. I happen to find that a humorous exercise in futility.

What do I care how many posts other people make?

But, come to think of it. . . . . . you're fast approaching the 2000 post mark. Hmmmmmm. . . . one thousands of a cent eh?

(that's a joke too, now throw eggs at me).

Hi Shaun,

You are right. (IMHO)
The most high rating is not more, than five letter for me t.h.a.n.k
...and it's enough.

Zoltán

Eric,
PLEASE take my stars away. I don't need them.
PS Let my posts shine through ... hmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmm
Thank you,

Back