Some minor observation and request for the next Forum Upgrade

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric,

I have some minor observation and request to add to the list for the next upgrade. These are not critisim at all.

1.) If a post has attachment, then the:

Attachment (n downloads)

appear in the header of the post. I always suppose, that the post has 'n' piece of downloadable attachment, but it is false.

What does 'n' mean before "downloads"?

2.) The Instant Graemlins, Instant UBB, Code Font color Tool sets are available on all Forums, but it works only here, on the "Off Topic/Help" Forum. On the other Forums, the inserted tags remain in the post as text, without translation. I think, would be better to hide these tool sets, where they don't works.

By the way, I miss the Underline, beside Bold and Italic font formatting
wink.gif

3.) When I am on the "Reply" screen, then:

3.a.) The nick of the poster is not an active link, so I can not go to her/his profile from this screen. Would be great, if it will be a link, as on the other screens.

3.b) The signature disappears on the bottom of the original post. Would be great to see the signature here too.

3.c.) The date/time stamp of the original post disappears too. Would be great, to see the date/time stamp here too.

4.) When I open a thread, then the

Previous Index Next Threaded

buttons appear on the top and on the bottom of the posts, when I see the thread in Flat mode, but do not appear on the bottom of the screen, when I see the thread in Threaded mode. This means, when I see threads in my favourite Threaded mode and the opened post and/or the thread is large, then I have to scroll up to the top of the sceen to access these buttons. Would be great to repeat these buttons on the bottom of posts/thread in Threaded mode too.
... you know, I am lazy enough
cool.gif

At last, but not least - I greatly appreciate the effort of you and JDEPeople Forum technical staff, making this Forum better and better.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi,

My question #1 solved. In

Attachment (n downloads)

'n' is not the number of downloadable attachments, but it counted the number of times the attachment has been downloaded.

Regards,

Zoltán

There probably won't be another upgrade because this software is at the end of its lifecycle. The next "upgrade" will be a new product. We'll see if the new product is worthy when it comes out (in 2005).

Depending on which way they decide to go (writing all components custom or mixing with some third party software) there are some BIG benefits out there that would be pretty easy to implement.

Now if they could keep their code locked down and "locked in", who knows!

Shaun

Back