Replied to your post - e-mail notifications

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric & JDEList Administrators,

If my memory serves me well, there was subscribeable service on JDEList, to send an e-mail notification, when somebody replied to one of my posts.

Now I do not get this type of notifications and do not find where can I it subscribe in my profile. I just found to subscribe notifications when somebody replied one of my favourite thread.

I liked this service, because there are forums, what I do not check as many time and as entirely as the Developer's one, so I can miss, when somebody replied me.

Please, enlighten me on what about this feature of JDEList Forum.
Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

I believed that it was discontinued in favor of the subscribe notifications of favorite threads. The old notification system was one buggy feature. I do not know if future releases will re-introduce that feature.

Hi Eric,

Subscribe notifications of favorite threads is halfly substitute the "old" notification system for me.

I do not want to make all threads as favorite, where I ever replied, but would like to know about, when somebody addressed me her/his reply. It is mainly comfortable, when I haven't access to JDEList or busy to check it for a longer time.

Of course, I do not like to re-introduce a service with buggy feature, but would be glad of this service without bugs.

Maybe I am the only, who miss this feature.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,

I need to admit that I liked this feature too, because right now when I do a post in a really busy week where I don't have time to look jdelist.com then it's only on friday when I have some time to go back that I will notice somebody gave me an answer. I had this issue in my last thread, you (Zoltan) gave me an answer and it's only the day after that I realized that somebody gave me an answer. Before it was sending me an eMail right away therefore I was replying right away too. I like it too, it make thread more interactive because if user forget that they made a reply to a post and they don't return to see it, then this thread is missing a good ressource.

Eric, is that a big issue to bring this back, I feel that thread may be slower (speed of reply)because instead of having 10 replies per day in a thread you may only have only 2 or 3 now, because we will have to continually check if we got answer. If we don't chek back, then the thread is dead.

Christian Audet

Would it suffice to have an additional checkbox on the addpost form that could be selected if the poster wanted to receive any responses to that particular post?

Hi Eric,

In my humble opinion, it would be better a check box in the profile, as it was earlier, like we have now one for favorite thread - it could be there a second one.

This way, who post via e-mail, also have the chance to get notification.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Christian,

I agree.
Further I noticed, that I receive the e-mails sometimes with a very long delay after the post created on the Forum (probably by reason of some moderation), while I get favorite thread notifications immediately. "Replied to your post" notification could be also "fast", so we can react faster in the busy hours, without the need to check the Forum frequently.

Regards,

Zoltán

If that solution can be implemented it's a GO for me !

Since I will always choose "YES" an option in the profile will even be better.

Christian Audet

Eric,

Any news on when this functionality will be back ? I mean in the profile !

I appreciated it

Christian Audet

Hi Eric,

It is GREAT!
cool.gif

Thanks a lot for it.

I already set it up in my profile and now I am eagerly waiting for the first e-mail of this type
grin.gif

Thanks again.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back