Commitments

leeroyirl

Howdy all,

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Can somebody outline the exact steps required to run commitment integrity from start to finish inclunding any variance posting required.

I have been completing the following steps to the letter but find myself getting inconsistent results.

1. Run Commitment Integrity (G43B111 - Commitment Integrity Report run in Proof mode )

2. Verify Variances appear between the F4311 F43199

3. Purge the F43199 ledger for Ledger type PA and NXTR & LTTR are Blank. ( G43A311 - P.O. Ledger F43199 Purge )

4. Rebuild Ledger using ( G43B411 - Create commitment audit trail )

5. Run Integrity Report in Final Mode

At this point the results seem fine, both the F4311 and F43199 no longer have a variance. It is the next step that issues arise, comparing the F43199 with the F0902.

A variance exists of for example -20, after running the Post committed Costs to Jobs the results I get are inconsistent..

1. Firstly the balance posts and when I run the integrity report for the first time the results are correct. If I run the integrity report a second time variances appear ( I don't understand why )

2. The posting process does not post the original -20 variance, instead the variance is now -40.!

if anyone has had similar issues can you get in touch

Regards

Hi,
Did you ever get this fixed? We are experiencing similar problems arising from Commitment Variance report in JDE (R40910). Ours too shows differences between committed costs recorded in the Procurement module (F4311 & F43199 data tables) and the General Accounting Account Balances table F0902.
Some of the variances date back to our initial implementation of Oneworld Xe in April/May 2002).

Hope you can help as we are very light on in terms of sufficient application knowledge to troubleshoot this.

Regards

Kym

We have dealt extensively with the use of commitments within JDE. There is a
good white paper on how to clean up encumbrance integrity issues. One of the
first steps is to run the R40910 multiple times. It will make adjustments to
the encumbrances and G/L account balances to bring them into balance.

Another clean up method is to run the purge, rebuild, and repost process on
encumbrances. This can be lengthy, so it might be better to run a single
business unit to get an idea of how it will perform on your system.

We have found two encumbrance problems that cannot be cleaned by the methods
above and require direct intervention with SQL to correct records in the
system. The first is when the encumbrance rollover program was run against orders
after they had already had activity in a new year. The second occurs when
converting requisitions into purchase orders with budget checking turned on and
the system being in a WACO (way after cut off) status. This causes the PO to
be created without the proper cost fields populated and this causes an improper
creation of the related encumbrance records in the F43199.

That's the short version of the story.

Patrick Conlon
Allegheny County
XE U4 SP20, AS/400 ES, Citrix, TSE, Java, Fat Clients

I think you are missing a step. The process is to run:

1. R43199P - Purge PA records.
2. R00932 - Create F43199 Commitment Audit Trail
3. R00932 - Repost Committed Costs

I think step 3. is the one you are missing. This step updates the F0902 table.

Patty

Would anyone besides me find it most helpful to have the PO number on the integrity report? If so, please add your interest to SAR 6654988. I have found it very useful to have this little bit of information when trying to research problems. It also makes it much easier to clean up issues, as only the specific PO # needs to be purged and rebuilt, not every PO for the account in question.

Hello all,

We got fed up with the Purchasing Integrity report years ago. Then when we first went to Xe, it no longer existed. We have installed a service pack or 2 since then and it re-appeared. However, I'm not game to use it in production until we have fully tested it.

We use a series of SQLs and a custom table to produce our integrity report. It doesn't update any PSE1/JDE OW tables. It does provide information by Order Number/Type and totals for accounts including adjustments for unposted matched orders etc. If anyone wishes, I will either upload the SQLs etc to this thread or email it directly to who ever wants it.

Hello All,

I decided to post the SQLs anyway.

I have attached the file "OW PO Integrity Report.txt" which contains the Oracle SQL that creates the work tables and indexes. It also contains the Oracle SQL that (re)populates the work tables and produces the reports. You will have to change the table references for the your environment (s).

Attachments

• 68658-PO Integrity Report.txt
    17 KB · Views: 445
The second occurs when
converting requisitions into purchase orders with budget checking turned on and
the system being in a WACO (way after cut off) status. This causes the PO to
be created without the proper cost fields populated and this causes an improper
creation of the related encumbrance records in the F43199.

Could you go into detail exactly what costs fields are improperly being populated, and your fix? I think I have this problem right now and I'm really having trouble with JDE over it.

Dave P.
City of Brantford

Xe Update 6, SP 20J1, AS/400, Citrix, web.

Hi Dave,

When an OR is converted to an OP while the system is in a WACO situation the
final record in the F43199 for the OR has the correct cost information and the
first record for the OP has several fields not populated. I created a clean
up program to correct these situations. I'll look for my design document
tomorrow and send it to you.

Patrick Conlon
Allegheny County
OneWorld XE U4 SP20
AS/400, Citrix, Java, TS

If you run the purge, rebuild and repost is it necessary to run the integrity report in final mode? Peoplesoft recommends that the integrity report not run in final mode.

No there is no requirement to run the integrity report in final mode.
Having followed the purge, rebuild and repost I always run the integrity
report in proof mode again to ensure that I have fixed the integrity issues.

Colin
ERP 8.0, Web client & Fat.

Hi-
I was wondering if you had encountered any issues in the opposite direction. Our open commitment amounts are correct in the F0902 table, but there are not correct in the F43199 & F4311 tables, respectively. Since the Purge, Rebuild, Repost is in the F4311-->F43199-->F0902 direction, I hesitate to run this since our open commitment amounts are correct in the F0902. Any insight or thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: RE: Commitments

Does anyone know what causes these integrity issues? I've tried to build scenarios to replicate the integrity issue but have had no luck.

I'd like to get to a point where we aren't constantly running the recalc/repost after the fact and try to prevent this from happening at all.

Re: RE: Commitments

Hi Nick,

I found this old document...may be useful to you. please see attached.

Good Luck

Cheers

Attachments

• 182095-Commitment.doc
    87.5 KB · Views: 202
Back