8.9F1 Direct Generation Setup Issue?

Buster DAN

Hi all....

I'm almost there...it's all configured as I think it needs to be... I can validate the GEN.BAT etc. and log into JDV9...

I can then select Direct Generation and then Connect.... but at that point the Generator locks, the error message "Unable to Login, Please check JAS Logs" is displayed and in the command window the following messages are reported:-

Reload time in properties file is not found. Properties file will not be checked
for update.
Handler class configured for logger [JDE-ROOT] not found. Default is File Handler
Reload time in properties file is not found. Properties file will not be checked
for update.
Handler class configured for logger [JDE-ROOT] not found. Default is File Handler
Could not init object ** null

I have checked the JDELOG.PROPERTIES but to be honest I am not sure exactly whether this is/is not configured correctly (I have pasted this below).

If you have any suggestions then I'd really appreciate them... hopefully get a full generation kicked off for today :)

JDElog.Properties -
# This is a sample configuration file for root configuration

jdelog.rootLogger=ERROR,JDELOG,JASLOG
jdelog.loggerFactory=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.JdeLoggerFactory
jdelog.reloadInterval=60

# These are the settings for file handlers.
jdelog.handler.JDELOG=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.FileHandler
jdelog.handler.JDELOG.File=\\logs\jderoot.log
jdelog.handler.JDELOG.Level=ERROR
jdelog.handler.JDELOG.Append=TRUE
jdelog.handler.JDELOG.MaxBackupIndex=1
jdelog.handler.JDELOG.MaxFileSize=10MB
jdelog.handler.JDELOG.format=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.DefaultFormat

# These are the settings for file handlers.
jdelog.handler.JASLOG=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.FileHandler
jdelog.handler.JASLOG.File=\\logs\jas.log
jdelog.handler.JASLOG.Level=ERROR
jdelog.handler.JASLOG.Append=TRUE
jdelog.handler.JASLOG.MaxBackupIndex=1
jdelog.handler.JASLOG.MaxFileSize=10MB
jdelog.handler.JASLOG.format=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.DefaultFormat

#This is added for debug logging. Please uncomment following to start debug.
#jdelog.Debug=DEBUG, jasdebug
#jdelog.handler.jasdebug=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.FileHandler
#jdelog.handler.jasdebug.File=\\logs\jasdebug.log
#jdelog.handler.jasdebug.Level=DEBUG

Hi DAN,

I was comparing my jdelog.properties with yours and the one difference I find is the file path line

Your file reads as follows

jdelog.handler.JDELOG.File=\\logs\jderoot.log

where as my file has the entire path to the log file..like this

jdelog.handler.JDELOG.File=C:/Program Files/PeopleSoft/JAS/EA_JS_81_infva02245.ear/webclient.war/logs/jderoot.log

Infact for the other 2 log files also..jas.log and jasdebug.log I have the complete path. Try entering the complete path and then try

all the best

Thanks for the suggestion ICE...will give a try right away as I have been tearing my hair out all day with other JAS/JDBJ.INI settings :p

We are now able to Generate! :)

There were various general issues but none that would have prevented logging except for the Factory setting in the JAS.INI

According to the 8.93 (version1.1) document the Factory setting should be added to the JAS.INI and set as per the document. I added this line as it was in the document and it was this that prevented the connection to the database. When we checked we found that the path quoted in the document is incorrect, so when you include that line authentication fails.

In the end we just removed the line though if you do wish to include it the correct entry is (well based on our installation of JAS):-

Factory=com.jdedwards.system.security.proxy.SecurityServerProxyFactory (note the extra ".proxy." entry.

On a standard client the path to this file is C:\B9\system\Generator\WEB-INF\classes\com\jdedwards\system\security\proxy\SecurityServerProxyFactory.class

Hope this helps if you are having a similar problem.

Regards

DANNY

I'm having almost the EXACT same problem. Could you post that 8.93 1.1 doc and I'm not sure WHERE to add that factory setting. Also, not sure where to add that PATHs setting. I too have been tearing out the remaining hair and PSft has NOT been helpful.

Hi mate,

The 8.9 doc comes with the Peoplesoft CD's - it is called 8.93j_intelnt_ws401.pdf for WS4.

At the very end (Appendix B - page 139) the Factory setting is described.

According to the document it goes in the SECURITY section of the JAS.INI but as I said we have just removed it as it idoesn't really seem necessary unless you are using "independent portal".

The Security section on my Generator client is:-

[SECURITY]
Datasource=System - B9
DefaultEnvironment=JDV9
NumServers=1
SecurityServer=CSF-OWAPP01
UseLogonCookie=FALSE
CookieLifeTime=7
SSOEnabled=FALSE
SSOUserIDOnly=FALSE
# set password only if SSOUserIDOnly is set to TRUE
#DBUser=
#DBPassword=

Also you will need to ensure the JDBJ.INI is configured correctly.

E.g.

[JDBj-BOOTSTRAP SESSION]
user=JDE
password=xxxxxxx
environment=JDV9
role=*ALL

Hope this helps...

[JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE]
name=System - B9
databaseType=S
server=CSF-OWSQL
serverPort=1433
database=
physicalDatabase=JDE9
owner=SY9
lob=false
unicode=true

Mate - We'll try looking at what you're talkin about. We're using 8.93B1 Does F1 fix some of these issues? Could you email me that PDF to [email protected] as as we can NOT get any higher one-off sucha as F1 at this time. Thanks Keith Simon

Still Getting Same EXACT error - Not sure what to do. HELP!!! from ANYONE would be appreciated!!

Will send the document in a moment....if our exchange server lets it go...

So the EXACT error..... when you try direct generation, unable to login/authenticate.... Just trying to remember if we did much else...

I've sent the doc... could also sen you our JDBC .JAR files too if you want...at least we know they definately work.

Back