Location of PDFs for UBEs run on server?

JDE_SCHMITT

I have one UBE ran by a consultant that shows as "done" in WSJ, but when he tries to view the PDF using the Row exit button, it hourglasses for a minute then "poof", nothing. The following appears in the JDE.log on the client:

JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed

I would like to know where to look on the AS400 where the PDFs are stored to confirm it even exists. I am able to retrieve PDFs for other UBEs, its just this one that is giving me trouble.

Thanks,

Bill

XE SP22_Q1 update7, V5R1

Do you have any directory names "Print Queue" look into that folder with the report name. There should be a pdf doc with the report name if the report ran successfully

I have a Printqueue directory on the local client, yes. I notice that when I view a PDF from other UBEs it brings a copy of that PDF from the 400 to my local printqueue directory. I cut and pasted all the pdfs out of that printqueue directory into a temp folder for purposes of testing this faulty UBE. When I try to view the PDF it never makes it to my local printqueue directory.

How large is the PDF? It could be that you are hitting a timeout with the enterprise server because the PDF is too large to transfer to your local workstation.

Good question. If I knew where the PDFs are on the AS400 I could probably figure something out :) Where are the PDFs coming from ?

On your AS/400 in the system directory (B733XSYS) there is a file called printqueue. It is a membered file that contains all the PDF files as they are run. The unfortunate thing is that the members of this file are not descriptive, nor are there any descriptions. There is however a date and they are listed in the order that they were created. Even if you identify the correct member, then viewing it is another issue. Hope this helps.

Thanks. lookin at that file ... scrolling it real fast made me think of the Matrix...all i saw was "Redhead, Brunette, Blonde"

lol. I told him to run it locally and see what happens.

Make this one change in his local JDE.INI

[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]
JDENETTimeout=60

Change the 60 second value to something like 600, then close and reopen his OneWorld. This will allow him to open a PDF that has something like 3,000 pages or more.

You may want to set it back to 60 when done.

Back