Create separate Security table (F00950) for DV7333

peterfourie

We are planning to upgrade from XE to 8.10. Security setup is currently in
bad shape and I want to separet the F00950 from SYS7333 data source for DV
only. That way I can setup all security necessary and test it without
affecting the users in production. Once complete I can copy the table info
into the F00950 in SYS7333 data source.

Any ideas on the steps to separate this file?

Pete

XE SP19, DB2, Win 2000

Peter J Fourie

The way we did it during an upgrade was to create DV7333 specific user groups. Then use OCM to map the new F00950 table for the new groups to a different location.

You can use OCM to specify an alternative in a location of your choosing.

However, be aware that the location of the F00950 is something that is hardcoded in JAS and is not affected by OCM.

Go to OMW
Put a copy of F00950 in a project (no need to check it out)
Open Design and select Table Operations Tab
Select Copy Table
From Datasource - System - xxxxx to Business Data - DVxxxx
Go to OCM
QBE - DVxxxx, F00950
Change Status to NA

No need to create any additional OCM mappings, OW(E1) defaults to Business Data Datasource. All DV users will be looking at F00950 in DV Business Data Datasource.

After you get it right, just copy the DV F00950 to System and Activate the DV record in OCM (Lots of backup still recommended though).

I don't think I would put it in Business Data just because it could get overwritten there with a migration if you are doing one. I feel safer with mine in the Server Map.

As for the JAS hard-coding, I do not know what he is talking about. I have one mapped for a test environment only in OCM and it works fine in the J environments. There is nothing hard coded out of the box.

Hi,

I have separated F00950 tables for 2 differents environments (PY and PD). OCM change is working, but for html client, indeed, you have to be aware that a web instance is using the OCM set for the default environment of this instance. It's using its JAS.INI and the "DefaultEnv" parameter of the "[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]" section. So if you put "JPD7333" as the default, it will look at JPD OCM.
And if your instance allow to connect to several environments, it can be a problem if you want to use separated tables ....

Hope this help.

Antoine.

Hi Guys

I am also planning to separate out F00950 table for Dev environment. Currently I make a copy of security group in the same table F00950 and then make changes to this copy per user requirements and once user finish testing the change then I use "Copy Security" row exit to copy from test to production security group with replace option. Just wondering that if I separate out development F00950 table in new data source then would this row exit would work or not. Any ideas on promotion of changes to existing security groups?

Thanks

Back