8.9 unicode

CNC???

We have install EO89/SP2 on ora9i/win2003, but have problem input Korean,SChinese and TChinese from JDE, does anyone has related experience in unicode? any comment is much appreciate.

Enterprise Server - Win2003
-----------------------------------------
SystemVariable/NLS_LANG=.ZHS16GBK
ControlPanel/Regional options=Simplified Chinese (Default)
JDE.INI/Doublebyte=1
JDE.INI/Localcode=SC_GB

DB - Oracle 9204
------------------------------
NLS_DataBase_Parameters/NLS_Characterset=ZHS16GBK
NLS_DataBase_Parameters/NLS_Nchar_Characterset=AL16UTF16

Deployment Server - Win2000 Advanced Server
----------------------------------------------
JDE.INI/Doublebyte=1
JDE.INI/Localcode=SC_GB

Web Server - Win2000 Advanced Server
----------------------------------------------------------
JAS.INI/=Codepage=936
HTMLClient.INI/LanguageEncoding=zh_CN

Workstation - Win2000 Professional
--------------------------------------------------
JDE.INI/Doublebyte=1
JDE.INI/Localcode=SC_GB

The result is like this,
Fat client
---------------
- input Korean to AB Revision fail, I copy and paste Korean Character to ALADD4 but it display garbage immediately.
- input Schinese to AB Revision OK
- input TChinese to AB Revision OK

Thin Client
---------------
- input Korean to AB Revision fail, I copy and paste Korean Character to ALADD4 but it display garbage immediately.
- input Schinese to AB Revision fail, cannot be save the record.
- input TChinese to AB Revision OK, when retreieve, the character become ???????

Thanks

I am not sure if this is related or not because I don't fully understand your question, however, PS has stated that they do not support multiple double-byte languages per environment if that environment is in Unicode format.

Additionally, I would ask if anyone out there has attempted this and if there is any way to have multiple double-byte languages per Unicode environment?

See "statement" below from PS support:

"Per our conversation this morning, these are the reasons why combining multiple double byte languages within an environment are not recommended by J.D. Edwards:

Because Traditional, Simplified Chinese and Japanese languages all come from different IBM character sets, combining any of these languages in one environment will cause problems within the database if wanting to move to OneWorld(r), incorporate the Unicode functionality coming in OneWorld(r) version B9 or possibly use other software that accesses this database. If you have future plans that include the Unicode functionality, note that you cannot convert multiple character sets within one database to Unicode."

"The recommendation for languages in both World and OneWorld(r) is such that when the character set changes between languages, an additional environment/instance must be created. There is no other way to manage the hexvalues of the database. Yes, we have had customers that do this, but they will have major concerns, with no current J.D. Edwards resolution, if they move to OneWorld(r)."

"Because most of the J.D. Edwards double byte files are coded to a CCSID of 65535, storing multiple character set records in the same database causes integrity issues that we currently do not have programs to correct."

"Please take this information into consideration in your planning. If you have additional questions or concerns please let me know."

Best regards, Pam

Pam Coughlin
International Technical Project Manager
Global Customer Solutions: Americas
One Technology Way
Denver, CO 80237

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks,
James

Back