Why does Sales Update create the AR record with the Invoice MCU?

sselman

Well Known Member
Why does Sales Update create the AR record with the Invoice MCU?

We are working through a problem where Sales Update (R42800) creates the AR (F03b11) with an MCU from the Invoice MCU (F4201). I would think this MCU should come from the Customer Business Unit, not the from the sales order.

I traced it down to the B03B0011 (F03B11 Begin Doc) and it is getting passed BC Business Unit (F4201) in Sales Update.

Can someone explain why it is coded this way?

Thanks
Sean

Hi Sean

I imagine the reason that the (E)MCU is read from the sales file and not the address book, is that the address book merely stores the customer's defaults which can be overwritten at order time.

If you wish to always use an address book field (in your case abmcu) to populate the revenue business unit, flex accounting is your best bet. This enables you to substitute MCU, SUB and/or SBL at AAI/Account level with just about any field from the address book, item master, order file etc or combination there of.

Another option is to always populate the header business unit from the address book by setting the appropriate processing options. Unless you modify P4210 though, this will still enable the user to overwrite this field at order entry.

Hope this helps.

PS This question is more suited to the application forum..

That makes sense. I will have the app guys review what can be done in the accounting to handle it.

Wasn't sure which forum to post it on since I was also dealing with code.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Sean

In reply to your personal e-mail, here is a short description on how to setup flex accounting AAIs:

· Turn on Flex Accounting in R42800 processing option
· Go to G4241, P40296, Sales Flex accounting
· Add rule
· Specify details:
o AAI (4230 for revenue)
o Company
o Order type
o Put an ‘X’ in the Grid under Business Unit
o Set File name in grid to F0101
o Specify Data Item (MCU in your case)
o Specify Data Type (1 for Sold to address)
· Go to DMAAI and ensure the Business unit field in the AAI you wish to use flex accounting with is blank, otherwise no substitution will take place
· Test; If test is not successful, go to G1631, P16902, Enable functionality by application and verify if SM rule for R42800 and FA rule for F0101 in R42800 are setup (I believe JDE gets shipped with these options on)

Hope this helps,

Hi

i have the same problem "MCU.F03B11 with the Sales Update (R42800)

It's always MCU.F4201 = mcu.F03B11

i want the same rule for my F0911.MCU as for my F03B11.MCU

F0911.MCU It's easy with the flex accounting

but it's seems to me that I cannot activate flex accounting for the f03b11 mcu because it is a finance AAI 'RC' which manages the mcu and if the cost center is white on this ica the R42800 takes the MCU.f4201, You are agree with me i can't top set up the flex for RC AAI ?
if you agree with me i'm very sad :)
but i think to resolve to imput the cost center in the aera EMCU.F4211 by sql for test, but the R42800, He royally doesn't care!!
maybe i missed a set up

thanks a lot for your Help

Back