A couple of 8.10 upgrade questions

SULLY1

VIP Member
I have a couple of questions on my 8.10 upgrade. I’ve loaded the 8.10 cd’s, installed Tools Release 8.93_E1, planner ESU PG114 and the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Client Tools. Our Oracle DBA is currently working on the table spaces and loadall.

1. On the deployment server, when I sign into PSFTPLAN, it prompts me to load a Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 CD. What’s up with that?

2. I’m getting conflicting information on upgrading Pristine. Should an upgrade plan/workbench be run for Pristine by itself or with Pristine and another environment like DV?

3. Should the baseline CD be applied AFTER running all the workbenches for the upgrade and applying the planner ESU to all environments?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patty

1: Have seen it happen before, it can also happen when loading particular
web pages. I normally just give it the cd to keep it happy....
2: My take on the requirement for there to be a pristine environment for
the upgrade (though this was gathered from a 8.9 upgrade) is that it allows
you to run your table conversions on the server. The reason you may have to
go through the convoluted steps is that the table conversion specs that are
shipped are superseded by ones that come in the planner esu (and there may be
an additional TC planner ESU). The two options that you have then are:
a) create an installation plan for pristine only, execute the
workbench, apply the planner esu to pristine, build a full package on
pristine, deploy to server, and copy pristine pathcode directory (and DB ?)
to DV. Then you can execute an upgrade plan for DV, choosing the option to
run all TC's on the server.
b) apply the planner esu, create an upgrade plan and execute for DV
(and the other non PD environments if you like), but this time choose to
execute all the TC's locally.
I personally prefer the option b, but it will depend on the volume of data
that you have to convert, as the TC's will run faster on the server..
3: Yes

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Kieran Fitzgerald

Re: RE: A couple of 8.10 upgrade questions

Kieran

Thanks for your reply. I found out the answer to question one. When Microsoft office was installed, it was installed under another user. With 8.10 the new local user is PSFT instead of JDE. Apparently the registry does not recognize this new user. I opened up Word and it went through an install exercise, then opened word. Now when I sign onto OneWorld I do not get prompted for a CD any more.

Patty

Hi Sully,

You can follow the Upgrade plan for JD9 and DV9(or which ever env you want to upgrade first). For E) 8.9 the Dec 2003 Cd's had the TC ESU included in them so you dint have to apply the TC ESU required to run the TC"s on the Enterprise Server. You can check with PSFT about the CD's you are using.

If you are talking about the baseline ESU cd , then ya you will be able to apply it to your environments only after you finish all your workbenches

Back