License Audit User Count Question!! How do you count your users

ErpRob

Well Known Member
I have not been through a JDE Audit in a While, But we are on OneWorld, pre-XE. Yes you can Laugh now, we are upgrading to ERP 8.1x soon!!!!

However, Peoplsoft is now saying that not matter what the record count is in the JDE Master file F0092 "Library List -User", this is the number they are using to count our named and moderate users, for total licenses.

My understanding was that in the past, When a user is signed on, then he is considered active and thus using a license. A user that is not signed on, and thus is not active is not using a license. Who cares how many users are in the F0092 table? When you signon past your license count, the last users should get an error message saying license maxed out or something.

The reason I ask is because we have a lot of salesmen which only go into the system once in a while to enter orders and that is it. Therefore we have a lot of users which are in the table, but hardly signon to the system. I know we are below our license count for signons because I can check it against our citrix signon count. (but have more records in F0092, then our license count)

sounds like JDE is trying to stick us one. Any help would be Great

Here is a quote from Them

"Are all of the users listed in the F0092 table active users on the
system? Just as a heads up, both the named and moderate users are a one for one type of license. They are counted as a user whether or not they are on the system at any given time..."

When we purchased OW 5 years ago, we bought a certain number of named and a certain number of concurrent licenses. In XE, there is a place on the user profile in which you can specify N (Named) or C (Concurrent). This would tend to support what they are telling you about number of defined users.

However, when we originally bought OW, we were told that the total number of licenses only controlled the number of clients that could install OW.

In EnterpriseOne 8.9, however, the place on user profiles for the N or C doesn't even exist, so it appears that they have dropped the Named vs. Concurrent issue with 8.9. I'm still convinced that the number of licenses has only ever controlled # of installed clients, and nothing more.

We have all the users setup correctly for named and moderate. Therefore i.e. a Finance person or Operations that is always in OW would be a named and a salesmen would be a moderate. So that part is setup correction

But Peoplesoft is saying that what ever is in the user table F0092 is the total count, even is they signon once a month.

Doug,
OneWorld does controll the number of clients installed, but an audit would still not care much about that. If you use WTS, that machine would use up one OW license, but you would have maybe 30 users connected to it. It´s about the same with WEB.
I´ve seen audits happen. They look at F0911 and quite a few other transactional tables that have user´s names in it. From that they analyse who is really using the system. I think I listed those tables used in an audit some time here on the LIST.
My two centavos, Gerd

Back