Scheduler not setting Job Schedule

mjf

Well Known Member
We have been using the scheduler to submit some month end jobs for approximately a year now with no problems. However in the last couple of months after the month end job has been submitted, a new record is not being scheduled for the next month. It seems to have occurred since we went to SP22_T1. When I go into a schedule and try to manually reset a schedule, I get records scheduled for dates like 28/02/71 (and it thinks it is 1971 not 2001). I can manually enter the record for the new month and it does get submitted correctly, but I don't really want to have to do that.

Just wondering if anybody else has come across anything similar.

Regards
Marty

Marty,

We're having problems with monthly jobs in the Scheduler in EnterpriseOne 8.9. Specifically, if we schedule a job to run on the last Sunday each month, the first month might be ok, but then it jumps to the first Sunday in the next cycle, maybe skips a month, etc. We're on EO8.9, Tools Release 8.93.F1.

I have an open issue with PeopleSoft, and SAR # 7283111 has been opened. Unfortunately, looking on the Customer Connection today, if I try and do a SAR search on the SAR, it doesn't appear at all -- another issue I'll have to dive into now!!!

I saw issues with scheduler on earlier versions of SP22. A temporary workaround is to change the "Maximum number of job schedule records" setting in the processing options of the P91300 to be a very high number such as 100. Increase the number and then resubmit the job schedule for the job. This will schedule the next X (100 in this case) occurrences of the job. This will prevent you from having to resubmit them every day or two. This will buy you some time until you find a permanent fix.

I found SAR 7283111 in SAR search by not checking the Product/Suite checkbox and entering in number in Search For: box.

There is no corresponding SAR for 8.10. Does this mean that it's fine for 8.10?

In 8.9, one monthly job has been set up for the last Friday of every month and the schedule is fine. Is it just a problem with 8.93?

Don, Paul and CHo

Thanks for your replies. Glad to see that I am not going mad. Don, our symptoms are similar to yours. We are trying to schedule on a period basis (based on the date pattern of co 00001). We have just begun a new financial year on 29th Aug, but the G/L date is still set for period 12. This seems to be affecting it. I signed into our test environment and made sure the date patterns were in the new financial year, then set about rescheduling. I got very similar results to what you described (1st day of the new period instaed of last, and the first month skipped).

I will keep any eye on the sar you have raised.

Thanks again
Marty

Back