Patching - How To Manage ????

camo

We are under increasing pressure to apply patches to operating systems and other applications (particularly security patches from Microsoft).

However, for many obvious reasons, the MTRs for PSE1 only state platform support down to a service pack level.
Until now our company has mainly applied SPs so that we have a known and supported platform, but this is becoming less and less viable.

My questions are:
- Do many of the jdelist readers regularly apply OS and MS App patches ?
- If so, how ? i.e. do you go as far as utilising a rapid deployment model such as MS software update service
- Have you come across any support "hurdles" when dealing with Peoplesoft / JDE due to the fact that the platform is technically outside the MTRs ?
- How do you evaluate the layer of the software architecture that the patch affects (e.g. kernel vs network vs data access vs database vs 'anything else that affects PSE1 operation')
- What testing regime to you apply to PSE1 when aplying such patches ?

Thanks in anticipation

Hi,

In our case, we are extra careful in this area because of our setup. We are currently using the Microsoft's cluster services. But of course before applying MS patches, it should be within the MTR's of JDE.

I would also love to hear from others with similar configuration how they are able to cope up with the sp update requirement from MS. Good point!

Back