Question for AS400 Admins

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
Are there any commands to see how many libraries changed from one day to the next?

Thanks, Grant.

Why do you need to know which libraries have changed?
If it is for backup use the savchgobj and this will pick up the objects which have changed.

Otherwise need more info...

We we thinking about a migration plan for our new AS400 where our IP Address and server name will be the same.

Restoring one weekend, testing, correcting issues. Then a week later, restore only those libraries that have changed. We know the big ones, OneWorld/World Data libraries for example.

Wanted to know of any commands without having to actually do a savchgobj for example. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Which brings up an issue of the IFS as well. We notice certain files under the spec folder under the PD7333 path code change daily on the IFS. I assume this are spec files as the server sees them so if we don't restore them to their latest state, the server will update them as needed (jiti).

Thanks, Grant

There is no direct command you can use, the only way I know of is to do a DSPOBJD (display object descriptions) across your libraries with a *BASIC to an outfile and then create a Query on that outfile and look at the lat used date.

Hope this helps.

I came across that command earlier today. Doesn't seem to work. I did a *LIB on Detail=FULL and last used dates were all blank. ??

Anyways, I just came across GO DISKTASKS which seems to work. Thanks.

It's been a while since I was a computer operator but would DSPDSKINF be an
option here?

Regards,
Gerald.

hoganp
<pat.l.hogan@doc.
state.or.us> To
Sent by: [email protected]
jdelist-bounces@j cc
delist.com
Subject
Re: Question for AS400 Admins