Peoplesoft ending XE support?

vasoov

Good day folks,

I have seen in some posts that Peoplesoft will stop specific support on XE in February 2005??? Can anyone confirm this? Any links to official announcements much appreciated.

Currently, Peoplesoft are stopping support of B7333 in Febuary 2005.

This does not mean that they will suddenly stop taking your calls, nor does it mean you can stop paying maintenance (unless you really want to !)

What this means is that ESU's will no longer be developed to fix issues in B7333.

This is in line with their policy of supporting current + 2 prior versions when 8.10 is released (ie, 8.10, 8.9, ERP8.0 or B7334). I would guess that ERP 8.0 support will be dropped at some point after 8.11 is announced/released.

If you're happily stable with Xe, then you'll be glad to know theres nothing you really need to do - except maybe reduce your maintenance level to, say, Bronze or Silver.

However, in reality, the number of support calls ending with "its fixed in version xxxx" will likely increase, usually frustrating most customers !

There are still customers live on prior versions of OneWorld - I know of customers on B7332, B7331, B732x and even B7312 !

If you have HR/Payroll, tax and regulatory support also ends on 2/28/05.

The official announcement can be found in PeopleSoft Connection/support/roadmaps and schedules section.

You can also purchase extended support. Meaning for more money they will continue to fully support you. We are currently looking into that.

Feel free to drop me an email if you have more questions on that.

Nick

It is called supplemental support.

I just had my client executive research it. The following conditions exist:
1) You are upgrading to 8.10
2) PeopleSoft must do the upgrade (business partners do not count)
3) Attend an expensive Upgrade Assessment Workshop

Listen & watch the July 15 webcast on this topic for more info.

It seems to be more of an attempt to bolster earnings rather than actual concern for the client.

Unfortunately there are other stipulations, you have to complete the
upgrade in a certain period of time. I believe it was by the end of
'04..from reading about it, I cannot see any value to the client at all, I
agree it looks like a revenue generator program for PeopleSoft...

Just my .02..

Go to PeopleSoft Customer Connection. You should see a list of upcoming webcasts. Press the more and you should see a list of current then past webcasts. Keep scrolling the past webcasts until you find this one.

Back