Output from different Printer

sathya

Hi Everyone,

1. I have 2 different UBE both to be run on server. First ube calling second ube thru ube interconnect.

2. is it possible to get the output of both UBE from 2 different printers ???. ie. first ube from one printer , second ube from different printer.

ES - AS400 v5r2, ERP8.0 , database - db2

thanks in advance
Sathya

Do you mean you would like each of the UBE's to print on different printers?

If so use the default printers application P98616. Define default printer, the user, ube,version, environment then the printer.

Nick

This has been discussed quite a bit recently - search the forums for the answer.

Hi Nick,
I have defined printer for each report. But still both report output goes to one printer.

Whatever the printer i choose for the first report while submitting on the server, the second report(called thru ube interconnect from first ube) prints on the same printer.

do i need to change any more settings.

Thanks

You can change the printer assignment for the second ube by using the "Do initiailize printer" event in report level event rules. The system function is called "Initialize Logical Printer Name".

Attachments

• 77658-Initialize Logical Printer Name.doc
    127.5 KB · Views: 123
For instances like that which we do quite a lot we define the printer on the version leve for the UBE. Each version that needs to go to a specific printer has it set in the report version.

Hi Sathya,

I posted the same problem you were having with your child report going to the same printer as the parent report regardless of what you had set up for the child report in Default Printers a while ago in a different forum.

I called PSFT about it and their recommendation was to define the ouput of the child report in the Template or Version specs via RDA.

This really isn't a viable option for my organization and I am going to try to re-opening SAR 7049448 aka ICE 924418000 to make the default output defined in Default Printer (F986167) always be the default.

Back