WebSphere 4.0.x and E1 8.9

cnc__guy

cnc__guy

Well Known Member
Dear List,

I am trying to get EnterpriseOne 8.93_E1 and WebSphere 4.0.x (fixpack 6) working and am having a problem. After installing the JAS component (port 80) on top of WebSphere 4.0 (haven't installed fixpack 6 yet) no E1 8.9 application shows up. It appears as though it isn't actually installing.

The JAS install process goes "real fast" too and doesn't look like it is installing all of the files like it should (takes a lot longer to install SP22_W1 JAS on Xe as we have an Xe implementation too). I am using the downloaded JAS component from the PeopleSoft Connect website for both my 8.9 and Xe installations).

Can someone help me ASAP as I am trying to get this completed by the end of the day on Sunday so we can begin demoing next week.

Thanks,
James

WebSphere / JAS Server - Win2000 with 2-way
Database - Oracle 9i

what web server are you using? You should be applying the fixpack before you
try and do the JAS install.
Regards
Kieran

SP JAS levels are specific to Fixpack releases. Don't know why you're trying to install prior to fixpack installation, but the proper way to do it is to install WAS, install the fixpack, make sure that WAS and HTTP are working properly (snoop, default server starts/stops properly), then install your JAS. With that service pack level you should at least get a signon screen. I then set up the generation machine and generate objects, core first, then a complete set.

Regards,

I actually encountered the same issue (4.0.6) initially and found that simply re-running it resolved the problem. I couldn't replicate the issue with any consistency but it has occured more than once.

I am also attempting to install Websphere 5.0.2 and 8.93D1 and cannot seem to get the HTTP Service to start once I install the JAS components and regenerate the plugins. Anyone seen this???

Cheers,

Jesse.
Intel/Win2K3/Oracle 9i

Cheers!

In response to your WAS 5 issue:

If you are using IBM HTTP server, you will need the latest plug-ins in order for everything to work. I found this when I was in WAS 5 class. Peoplesoft was supposed to add it to the MTR list but it may not have made it yet. Follow the link below and it should take care of you.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?&uid=swg24004524

We had similar problems and that is when (based on time restraints) we decided to go back to WS 4.0.6.

Hope you are able to get 5.x working with 8.93.

James

Re: RE: WebSphere 4.0.x and E1 8.9

I am using fixpack 6 and this was installed before JAS. Still having the same problems.

Don't know if this will help, but when I installed Xe SP22 on Websphere 4 I had to use a different port other than 80 and the reconfigure to defualt port(80) after install. JDE indicated that this was a known issue, don't know if it is still around.

Thanks, but I am using port 81. I had heard there may have been issues with 80 so I avoided it initially.

I had problems installing WebSphere/HTTP Server. It appeared to install but files were missing. It ended up being the security settings on the folders.

Back