OneWorld Security Question

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
Ok, I am trying to enter some Exit Security. When I go into the form I want, for example, W4111A, I want to lock down all Form exits and Row exits, so I click on Form Exit and Row Exit and hit secure. When I login to the Web, the form and row tabs are gone. But they are still visible on Fat Client and Citrix. Is there some other location that I have to lock down these exits other than exit security? I have attached a screenshot with an example...

Attachments

• 77338-Exit Security.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 133
Have you restarted the JAS services since making the security change?

That's just it....it works fine on HTML! I am trying to secure out the form and row exits. They dissappeared in HTML like they should, but are still showing up in Citrix and on a fat client. Pretty frustrating!

Out of curiosity, have you tried clicking on the exits in the fat clients. They may still show, but will tell you that access is denied when you click on the exit.

An excellent question, and yes they are still available, and they do still work. I am assuming that when you add exit security and choose the exit identifier for Row exits and Form Exits, it should completely remove the tab from the exit bar and not just gray everything out, but since it is not working properly yet, I don't know the answer to that question.

When you disabled the form and row exits, did you click on the work "Row" and click on secure? If you did, you might have to go back and expand the "Row" section and secure out each button individually.

The other idea that I haven't tested yet is that the WEB client's row and form identifiers are not the same as a fat client or html. Therefore, the security would not take affect. However, this is probably not the case.

Back