P98OWSEC problems when changing by Group

tonycurtis13

I have called this in to PeopleSoft, and they keep saying it is a corrupt F98OWSEC. I find this hard to believe when I have thousands of users and the only ones that get broke is when I use the group change process. This worked in SP22 F1 for me but broke when we went to SP23B1

Here is how I duplicate the issue. I run P98OWSEC/W98OWSECE, Under SYSTEM ROLE, I type in my TEST GROUP, do a Find. In left column under Group, I highlight the group, Select Row, Revise Security, Select user Status, change to 02 and then OK. I used to use this to enable/disable all users in a group...

I now find in the F98OWSEC, all the users that were in my test group now have System User same as Userid (bad) and password change frequency is now "-1" (bad). Does this work/not work for any else using SP23 for XE?

I end having to individual reset the user password and system user, and change frequency and it works fine from there...

Did you apply JD21799? I believe this ESU is required for service packs after SP22_S1.

Patty

We have this problem too, and it's not a corrupt F98OWSEC, it's the group c hange process.
There's a SAR entered for it, 7128120, which says it should be done tomorro w, actually.

Re: RE: P98OWSEC problems when changing by Group

Thanks for the info. This matched our problem....

I did find this on the peoplesoft website. I will try to get myself added for notification when the fix is available.

Back