CInstaller problem

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
When we install a Full package through the Add/Remove program, at the end of the install we get an 'Exception' error. I looked at the JDEInst log and it shows this error at the end of the log: CInstaller::InstallClientListener: Failed to launch an executable. The command line was \\A020\B7333\OneWorld Client Install\Push Install Listener\Setup.exe /s

What is this? and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie-

It might be that the Client Listener and/or the add/remove process is rather "picky"--at least that has been the case for me, and that the command line is not using the right prompt that would give you what you desire. I struggled with this for too long... This fact that I couldn't get the Listener or add/remove processes working right prompted me to find another solution. It isn't novel--that is to say that other companies and consultants have various ways of handling installs without using the Listener--but it sure works. I wrote a white paper that I can give to you if you are interested in an alternative installation process--At least it is decent bed time reading! Plus, it is explained in great detail and easy to understand with sample scripts provided--you don't have to be a genuis (not suggesting that you are not!! hehe).

[email protected]

Back