What is OWJRNL datasource?

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi List,
I have an AS400 question.

We are adding another AS400 server to our otherwise stable system. This new machine should run all non-production batches and should hold all non-production data libraries. I now saw a datasource named OWJRNL.
Questions:
- do I need to create another datasource like OWJRNL2 on my new server?
- how do I configure the system so that server1 uses OWJRNL and the server2 uses OWJRNL2 ?
Another question:
I intend to use the same Server Map library for both servers. That is that Server2 - Server Map will point to the same library (SVM9) as Server1 - Server Map. I have done this kind of thing for NT or Unix servers and never had any problems. Can I do the same with two AS400 servers?

We are on E08.9, SP3_D1.
Thanks, Gerd

OneWorld is hard-coded to read OWJRNL. If you have multiple servers, you still only need one OWJRNL. It's used to call a stored procedure to journal the transaction through completion. It calls the SP through the ODBC data source - OWJRNL. OW dynamically controls which machine to use based on the machine in the other data sources (i.e., Business Data - Prod).

You can have server2 go to OWJRNL2 by changing the library in OWJRNL. Then when you signed on to server1, you'd have to change the data source to point to OWJRNL. I'd recommend keeping both machines OWJRNL and keep it simple.

john

Thanks John.
We had figured it out by now, the hard way. There is an entry in the server´s INI file that seems to be pointing to a library with any name you want, like OWJRNL2. But it didn´t work. It must be hard coded, as you say.
Our new machine is running fine by now.
I also stayed with two server map libraries instead of only one. This way server2 does not have to go out to server1 to read basic tables or update the job master table.
Thanks again, Gerd

Back