Disaster recovery site problems

EkilErif

Hi,

We recently made a full system backup of our Live AS400 and restored this on an AS400 at our Disaster recovery site. At the same time we restored a Full system backup of another of our Enterprise Servers and our deployment Server (Both Intel based) which went through without disaster. Now I have been tasked with doing thorough testing of JDE from running a simple batch application to doing a full package build. When I try and sign on to JDE OW I get an error saying cannot locate security server.

I checked on the AS400 and Services where not started, so I started these and when checking through the job logs I notice a message reading, Cannot resolve to object QSOC. Type and Subtype X'0401' Authority X'0000'. On the PeopleSoft Knowledge garden I found the exact message and the knowledge garden said i could ignore this and that services will still be running. So I tried logging into my FAT Client as well as the Deployment Servers and I get the same Security Server message.

I can ping the AS400, and as best I can tell Services are started. Has anyone had the same problem and resolved this?

Thanks in advance
EkilErif..

What do you mean as best you can tell services are started? Have you turned on logging and checked the logs under saw? You can get to those by just running saw from the as/400 command line.

Nick

Make sure you have the IBM SQL Packages on the Backup AS/400. We had a similar issue and found that we didn't have all the IBM SQL packages on our DR iSeries. You should have QZDAPKG in library QGPL and QSQLPKG2 and QSQXDPKG both in libary QSYS. Hope this helps

Back