Changing JDBOCI80.dll to JDBOCI90.dll

J_J

hello

I have upgraded my oracle server to 9i and have installed the client on deployment server I can connect ot Oracle server without any prolem using isql.
But how do I instruct JDe to use tJDBOCI90.dll instead of JDBOCI80.dll.

I have rebooted the machine and every thing it continues to use the old dll. We are erp8.9.. there is no settigns available in Database datasource.

Pls advice.

In Erp B8.9 don't care oracle dll. System will automatic load JDBOCI**.DLL based on your system oracle client version.You can use sqlplus check what is your default oracle client driver.

J_J,

Not withstanding Charles reponse, here some info you might consider.

In the JDE.INI (both client and server) in the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section there is an entry called "Load Library=". This is where the JDE/PSE1 database driver is referenced in Xe.

Hope this helps.

Peter after theupgrade , what changes do i need to make in JDE to ensure that every thing works fine ( xe)

J_J,

Not withstanding Charles reponse, here some info you might consider.

In the JDE.INI (both client and server) in the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section there is an entry called "Load Library=". This is where the JDE/PSE1 database driver is referenced in Xe.

Hope this helps.

I have checked in my E1 B8.9 System ,You don't need care jde.ini "load library=" this prarmeter.
In my system this parameter is blank. But it is work well.

Back