Problem submitting job to EnterPrise Server

J_J

Dear All,

One my client is having a weird issue, none of the user can submit the job to the server, they can run it locally. When they submit to the server it give following errors in jde.log of fat client
Submitting R0006P, XJDE0001 to ERPLOGIC (with Specs).

848/2920 Mon Aug 09 11:46:25.927 jdekubsp.c392
KNT0000175 - JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed. Error = 11

And in the log on the server following log get geenerated.

Net Program ended,PID =1008 , singal = 11
API ipcSawZombieProcv1 : Process 1008 set to Zombie in entry 6

THis is happenign with all the ube ( standard /custom ).

Any one has seen this issue. Client is on Erp8.9 sp2 Wintel platform with SQL database. This was workign perfectly fine till Friday.

Any help is appreciated.

Jaise

Is there any messages in the client's jde.log? Also, turn on debug logging for the server and try resubmitting the job. Then post a zip file with all of your logs.

Dan,

The client Jde .log say. following
Submitting R0006P, XJDE0001 to ERPLOGIC (with Specs).

848/2920 Mon Aug 09 11:46:25.927 jdekubsp.c392
KNT0000175 - JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed. Error = 11

Even with debug on, it only generates JDE log on the server for this particular process and no Debug log

Jaise

Have you tried running a job using the RUNUBE command on the server?

Yes, Job get submitted successfully but when you inquire it in the WSJ, it shows up as an Error.

Jaise

Is the jdequeue runing on the application server. If not does it die down after the services has started. Please let me know

The Queue service is gone beginning with EnterpriseOne 8.9 and is now controlled by kernel JDENET_14. It sounds like possibly this kernel has died.

Bill

I am on ERP 8.0 and unware of this. Thanks for sharing the information. Can you tell me some key points as a CNC Admin what are the major changes between ERP 8.0 and ERP 8.9

Here are some changes in EnterpriseOne 8.9 are:

System, Server Map, Data Dictionary, Object Librarian and the Pristine Environment are in Unicode. You have the choice during the upgrade to convert business data to Unicode.

SQLserver uses OLEDB instead of ODBC DS by default. You have the option to use OLEDB or ODBC.

MSDE replaces Access.

Replication is no longer supported.

OCM is now generated based on the values stored in F9860.

Bill

Dan,

It run RUNUBE successfully ( at least get submitted) but if I navigate thru WSJ to see it it say it ended in a error.

When you submit a job via runube you must have the command formatted correctly like so:

runube JDE JDE DV9 *ALL R0006P XJDE0001 QBATCH Batch Hold Save printername

When I was looking at your logs it showed that you had the report name in lower case.

Try it again. Then try it from within BV with the logging turned on.

J_J,

Can you attach a copy of your Enterprise Server jde.ini? Be sure to eliminate any passwords in the file.

When you cannot submit the UBE have you verified that the EnterpriseOne services are still running on the Enterprise Server? It appears from the logs that your services are shutting down.

J_J

This may sound like a dumb question but is security turned off on in the jde.ini file on the server. I'm currently working on an upgrade. Security was turned off for some troubleshooting and was not turned back on. It prevented UBE's from running on the server.

Patty

Back