Move SQL Database to a clustered server

ajr

We have a Deployment Server (JDEDEP) running Windows 2000, a Enterprise Server (JDEENT) running Windows 2000 and our SQL 2000 database on JDEENT what steps do I need to take to move the SQL database to a cluster?

We have our cluster up and running and have done the below so far.

1. I moved the SQL Database on JDEENT to a SQL clustered server using the Copy Database Wizard. All databases and logins were successfully moved.
2. I stopped the SQL services on JDEENT.
3. I changed all ODBC entries on the client and server to point to the new SQL clustered server.

The steps I am unsure about is the jde.ini for the client and server.

Server and Client jde.ini file:

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
Server=JDEENT ********* Does this point to the application JDEENT or the SQL Cluster Server?

[SECURITY]
SecurityServer=JDEENT ********* Does this point to the application JDEENT or the SQL Cluster Server?

It indicates if the server database will reside on the cluster disk, then all server entries in the OneWorld tables must contain the name of the cluster. What tables are they referring to Work with Data Sources?

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
Server=SQL Server

[SECURITY]
SecurityServer=Logic Server

Other items:
ODBC (Client and Server)= SQL Server
F98611.OMSRVR = SQL Server when OMOCM1 = 'DB'
F98611.OMSRVR = Logic Server when OMOCM1 = 'SRV'
(Don't forget both the SVM7334 and the SYS7334 version of F98611)

Thanks for the information I had forgotten about the F98611 tables. My problem ended up being, when I had exported the registry settings then imported them on the new server a couple of the entries were not pointing to the correct table. Not sure why but it is working now.

Also I was able to obtain some informatio a long time ago that someone may fine useful....

Changing Out a Deployment and Enterprise Server

Changing a Deployment server and keeping the same name
· Back up your current Deployment server: directory structure, registry, and root of C drive.

· Export your database to tape, if it is in your Deployment server.

· Install your database on your new Deployment server, to the same directory if possible.

· Install third party products such as Client Access

· Install OneWorld onto new Deployment server (creates registry settings and gets “out-of-the-box” pathcodes.

· Restore (dynamically) the OneWorld Directory Structure from tape to your new Deployment server.

· Share the B73X directory.

· Import the database onto new Deployment server. One should be careful when upgrading from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0. Must upgrade SQL either before or after changing the server, since exporting from SQL 6.5 and then trying to import into SQL 7.0 will not work.

· Verify the database.

· Remove old Deployment server from network and replace it with new one.

· Verify OneWorld clients can:

- Find data using common applications.

- Perform check-out and check-in.

- Perform a client install.

Changing a Deployment server and also changing its name
· Perform the same steps described previously.

· Change the data sources (F98611), which point to the old Deployment server, so the server name is correct. Remember to change both system and server map tables.

· Modify the Setup.inf file under B73X\Client directory. For B7331, change install.inf under B733\OneWorld Client Install.

· Modify packages inf files.

· Modify F00942 (Path code Master), F00945 (Release Master), F983051 (Versions – per pathcode), and F9861 (Obj. Lib. Master) tables to point to new Deployment server. Note: these changes must be made, even if there is no database at the Deployment server.

· Update ODBC.inf file through Data Source Workbench.

· Test changes by deploying a client and logging into OneWorld.

Changing an Enterprise server
· Export data to new Enterprise server’s database.

· JDEdwards recommends running both Enterprise servers (old and new) in parallel. If running in parallel, pay attention to IPC port number settings. Also, bring over one environment at a time. If not, change the appropriate data sources (F98611, system and server map) so OneWorld looks at new Enterprise server.

· Change client machine’s ini files to reflect new Enterprise server name.

· Install OneWorld services; this updates the registry.

· Move path codes to new Enterprise server. If using drag-and-drop method, pay attention to file permissions after move.

· Change jde.ini on new Enterprise server, including sections [INSTALL] and [BSFN BUILER].

· Update tables F986110 (Job Master), F00053, F000531, and F000532 (B73.2 and lower) to reflect new server name.

· Also update F98611, F986101 in system and server map data sources.

· Update any host files.

· Be sure you can ping the new Enterprise server by name.

· Update services file on the host machine.

· Verify a printer is defined on new Enterprise server.

· Run porttest.

· Attempt to submit an UBE to new enterprise server.

When keeping the same name:

Since you are keeping the same Enterprise Server name, we have had clients not install the host code and after you copy over the DB info you can copy the directory structure from the old ent. server to the new server along with the registry settings. Then you will need to install the services, set up a printer and run PORTTEST. If this does not work then our recommended way is to install the host code, at that point you can copy the directory structure over, install services set up the printer and run PORTTEST.

export the registry from the original –

1. Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER directory, then expand the Software folder, find the JDEdwards directory and export it

2. Do the same to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory, then expand the Software folder, find the JDEdwards directory and export it

Back