upgrading Oracle from 8.1.7.4.---> 9.2.0.1

J_J

Dear All,

One of my client want to upgrade oracale ( version mentioned above) for XE update 7 sp 21.

Can they upgrade this,

What all changes do I need to make to incoprate this change

THey donot have any thign else than fat client ( I know I need to change tns and the driver for the new client) but within JDE where all do they need ot make changes.

Pls advice

MTR on the People Soft web site state that the JDE SP needs to be at =
least SP22 to go to Oracle 9i.
=20

Charles Harrell=20
Applications Support=20
615-341-8307=20
Caterpillar Confidential Green=20

Also do you knwo in ERP8.9 where do I need to change the odc dll to use the version 9 dll and not the old one..I looked thru database data source could not find it..

Charles

That what I thought But here is the situation... I had a oracle 8 client on my dep server , I upgrade it to oracle9 client change the oracle home setting to point to the new oracle9.

I can log into oracle server using Isql in new oralce client.
But when JDE runs it still would go after the JDBOCI80 and not JDBOCI90. How can I tell it to go to the 90 dll instead of 80 dll.

Thanks
Jaise

J_J,

In the JDE.INI (both client and server) in the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section there is an entry called "Load Library=". This is where the JDE/PSE1 database driver is referenced in Xe.

Hope this helps.

Those settings are no longer defined in the INI with 8.9 and beyond. I have provided a sample section below. What you may be running in to is a problem with your path. Since it is going to hit the client software directly, it's possible your path includes an old 8i directory? I've found it's best to completely remove any 8i client software and then install the new client using the same Oracle home descriptor. As you can see the ini on the dep. server points to the local planner database only. The database datasource screens no longer contain a field for library name.

JDE.INI on Deployment Server:

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
Version=43
Default User=JDE
Default Role=*ALL
Default Env=JDEPLAN
Default PathCode=PLANNER
Base Datasource=OneWorld Planner - B9
Object Owner=dbo
Server=(local)
Database=OneWorld Planner - B9
Load Library=
Decimal Shift =Y
Julian Dates=Y
Use Owner=Y
Secured=Y
Type=M
Library List=
Library=
DatabaseName2=JDEPlan
DatabaseInstance=JDELocal
ServerPort=
JDBNETUse=N
UnicodeFlag=Y
LOBFlag=N
ConnectionPooling=0
Default Pwd=

Client JDE.INI:

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
Version=43
Default User=JDE
Default Role=*ALL
Default Env=PD9
Default PathCode=PD9
Base Datasource=System - B9
Object Owner=SY9
Server=entserver
Database=database
Load Library=
Decimal Shift=Y
Julian Dates=Y
Use Owner=Y
Secured=Y
Type=O
Library List=
Library=
DatabaseName2=
DatabaseInstance=
ServerPort=
JDBNETUse=N
UnicodeFlag=Y
LOBFlag=Y
Default Pwd=_

Charles,

after upgrading to sp22, what changes do I need to make in JDE to support the new Oracle 9 . in xe. Pls advice
JJ

Back